View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Can't reset admin password - ProjeQtOr

Can't reset admin password

More
04 Nov 2023 19:20 #1 by treehstn
I just installed the script on my website for the first time.  I didn't write down the user name and password since it said it was going to email the information.  But the email doesn't contain the password.  But it says I can reset it from the login screen.  It gives me no option to reset it.  There is only a link that says Change Password.  When I click that I get a red box that says Invalid Login Parameters.  No options to reset the password.  How do I get this done?  TY!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2023 09:36 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Can't reset admin password
Default login is admin / admin.
If you changed the admin password and forgot new password you entered, you are struck.
Luckily you can get unstruck with DB access :
  • Goto DB (for instance with phpMyAdmin and update table resource fro line with id 1.
    It should have name='admin'
  • Update password with you new password in clear text
  • Update crypto to null
  • Then you can connect with this new password (that you'll have to change as it is not secured).

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
06 Nov 2023 19:19 #3 by treehstn
Replied by treehstn on topic Can't reset admin password
Thank you for the information. After the terribly rude email I just got from the developer in answer to my problem getting logged in I wouldn't use this software if my life depended on it. Not a chance in hell.

More
06 Nov 2023 23:49 #4 by treehstn
Replied by treehstn on topic Can't reset admin password
oh look!!! You are the developer! Well well. So you just emailed me admonishing me for asking about trying to reset the admin password through the DB itself because that would be a terrible security issue and yet here you laid out in public how to do it!! WOW.

More
07 Nov 2023 08:51 - 07 Nov 2023 08:51 #5 by Arkhanje
Replied by Arkhanje on topic Can't reset admin password
 the rude email...

We should not have the same definition of rude.
You posted on the forum in the middle of the weekend and sent a rather harsh email 20 minutes later because you were unhappy not to have an immediate response to your problem, on completely free support, around a completely free product and on a problem that you created because you did not read the instructions and write down your information.

Don't use ProjeQTOr it doesn't matter, you're punishing yourself, not us.
Last edit: 07 Nov 2023 08:51 by Arkhanje.

More
07 Nov 2023 09:14 - 07 Nov 2023 10:30 #6 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Can't reset admin password

treehstn post=36214 wrote: Thank you for the information. After the terribly rude email I just got from the developer in answer to my problem getting logged in I wouldn't use this software if my life depended on it. Not a chance in hell.

I am so happy to say you "Goodbye".
We don't need such unpleasant and rude people in the community.

NB : thanks again for your last email,
but don't expect an answer from me.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Nov 2023 10:30 by babynus.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.