View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Automatic Backup techniques for ProjeQtOr Database - ProjeQtOr

Automatic Backup techniques for ProjeQtOr Database

More
08 Nov 2023 18:52 - 08 Nov 2023 19:08 #1 by Chris33240
Hello all,
I thank you here for your answers in my other posts.

I plan to propose ProjeQtOr to my hierarchy and to anticipate questions about backup techniques,i would like to know some techniques commonly used.
i don't know yet what will be the OS system for our server (i think Windows server)
i think there is two different objects to save : 'MySQL Database' (or other) and 'Documents folder'.
I specify that this process must be automatic, not manual.

- Did you know 1 or 2 techniques i can proposed to save this two objects ? i think our server will already be equipped with system backup on magnetic tape for user files so save for Documents files should not be a problem but i think MySQL request a specific processus for backup.
- Is ProjeQtOr include this backup features and is this backups is processing separatly or in one unique process to ensure consistency and integrity datas.

I think this aspect is very important to properly prepare my proposal.

Thanks you verry much

Last edit: 08 Nov 2023 19:08 by Chris33240.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2023 09:19 #2 by babynus
Standard DB backup (mysqldump for instance works fine.
Then it is a good advise to save dumps and files (attachements, documents) to remote devices.

We also propose a Backup Plugin that helps backup db on a programmed basis.
But you'll still have to save dumps and files to a remote device.

Other option : subscribe to Hosting service.
Then you don't have to worry about backups, or migration to new versions, we do 

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris33240

More
09 Nov 2023 17:58 #3 by Chris33240
Perfect, Thanks babynus ;)

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.