View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Task the same day with predecessor element - ProjeQtOr

Task the same day with predecessor element

More
24 Feb 2012 15:53 #1 by kiffcool
Hi !

I create one projet named "ProjetA1".

I create one task named "Planning".

I create two tasks named "Rédaction Planning" and "Validation Planning" with parent activity "Planning".

The two tasks must be done the same day (the 22/02) :
- "Rédaction Planning" : 0,5 day
- "Validation Planning" : 0,5 day (with the predecessor element "Rédaction Planning")

In the planning, when predecessor element is active, it’s impossible to do the two tasks in the same day (0,5 + 0,5 = 1 day).

Why ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2012 15:31 #2 by babynus
Because dependency will alway define [start day of task 2]=[start day of task 1]+1
No matter the work : dependencies is set to force start of task 2, even if they are not assigned to the same resource.
It's because there is no "time" on tasks start / end dates. So when a task ends day X, next will start day X+1, even if the first task end mid-day.

If you wish to plan small tasks one after the other, and that these tasks are assigned to the same resource, you don't need to set a dependencies.
Just order them the way you'd like them to be planned.
Or you may also set priorities to be sure to plan them in the good order.

Regards

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
27 Feb 2012 10:29 #3 by kiffcool
OK, thank you.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.