View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - How to install Project'or RIA? - Page 2 - ProjeQtOr

How to install Project'or RIA?

More
18 Jun 2012 00:32 #7 by Laure
OK, I passed step 2 :lol:
But then, I get to the configuration screen, leave all parameters to default, click OK, and receive this error message: "incorrect database parameters : wrong host or user or password, Error while trying to create Database 'projectorria' .
I tried it several time, unistalled and installed again everything, but that's the same...I'll never manage it :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2012 10:35 #8 by babynus
Hi,

Don't give up, you're almost there !
Your installation is correct, and don't have to reinstall.

You just have to find the correct parameters to connect ot the database.

1) Host : by default it is "localhost" (it means : my local computer), but in some cases, the parametring of the machine does not include localhost configuration. So you have to enter the corresponding IP "127.0.0.1". Try this.
2) User : it is "root" for easyPhp.
3) Password : try "mysql" and "" (empty field)

So, the parameters you must change are :
Database host : 127.0.0.1
Database user to connect : root
Database password for user :
I tried it with PHP 5.3.9 : it works.

Then run in browser http://127.0.0.1
If it does not work, try http://127.0.0.1:8887
(it worked for me after installation of V5.3.9, but as I had another installation of easyPHP, it may be slightly different for you and the shorter version (without :8887) can work)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laure

More
18 Jun 2012 23:54 #9 by Laure
I made it! incredible!
If I could make it, although I had never heard about PHP server 3 days ago, I guess everybody can make it. I did as you've said (the IP "127.0.0.1" and empty Database password for user) and it works! So, thanks a lot for your patience and your capacity to explain to a hopeless woman!
Now the next step is to read the manual, try to enter my projects and convince my team to adopt this software (I mean your software)!
I'll let you know if I use it! Hope so, after these intensive efforts from each of us!

Thanks
Laure

More
21 Jun 2012 03:28 #10 by climb4fun
Wow what a support. :woohoo:
Even I'm sharing this community a long time, I'm still overjoyed about this fantastic support.

More
04 Jul 2012 15:17 #11 by aziz
Bonjour

quand j'achi changé le localhost pat :127.0.0.1 et user=root, et mot de passe="" ou mysql
j'ai le meme error:

incorrect database parameters : wrong host or user or password
Error while trying to create Database 'projectorria

merci pour votre help

More
04 Jul 2012 16:54 #12 by babynus
This configuration is valid for a local EasyPHP installation.
password = "" means keep it empty (empty string)

If your mysql is remote, or any other installation than EasyPHP, refer to you mysql manual to know about the password to be used.

NB :pease post in English !

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.