View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Gantt chart link lines when exporting - ProjeQtOr

Gantt chart link lines when exporting

More
16 Aug 2012 15:24 #1 by haomaicw
The link lines in Gantt chart is not generated when exporting. I'm hoping to generate them the same way it does in Gantt chart pane, but I'm having a tough time tracking down the module. Hope someone could give me pointers on what and where to look. Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2012 16:34 #2 by babynus
Unfortunately, dependency lines are not exported to printed view, nor to PDF export.

Reason is that these graphic objects are displayed as Divs on the Gantt chart (using jsGantt javascript livrary).
In most cases, these divs just don't print.
This issue also occured to all the data in the Gantt chart (using and abusing of divs).
So, to get a printable view, new "report" has been developed, using simple tables.
That's why presentation slightly differs from screen view to print view, and representation of line could not be reproduced.

It is a limitation of a full web application, without any plugin.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: haomaicw

More
16 Aug 2012 16:41 #3 by babynus
Hint :
To get a printable view of Gantt planning, fully with lines, just get a smart screen capture tool, such as Lightscreen (free) or SnagIt : you'll be able to capture part of your screen and paste it in your favorite document editor.

Babynus

More
17 Aug 2012 08:43 #4 by haomaicw
Thank you for your quick response. I tried manually inserting the dependency lines (div's) into the iframe generated when clicking "print the planning" button. The dependency lines showed up within the iframe and it also prints fine when clicking "send document to printer" button. I'm wondering if it's possible to also draw dependency lines when "print the planning"?

More
17 Aug 2012 16:21 #5 by babynus
It can, I think. :huh:
But it is some hard work. :sick:
All the calculation done in javascript on /view/js/jsgant.js from div based planning must be transposed in PHP on /tool/jsonPlanning.php to a table based planning. :silly:
Moreover, It needs to be Browser independant (multi browser compatible)... :whistle:
And the behaviour in the PDF export, using the same result, must also be checked. :whistle:
If you wish to do it, I'll be glad to insert it in a next version.
On my side, I will not try unless I get so free weeks off ... and a lot of coffee. ;)

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.