View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - questions and modifications - ProjeQtOr

questions and modifications

More
07 Mar 2011 12:17 #1 by lowendal
Hello,

I am trying to link two activities with start to start links... is there no possibility for this type of link? There only seems to be finish to start links...

Also,

if I have planned, and set up a porject on 2nd of april 2010, and i wish to use the same exact plan at a later date, how can i simply transport the whole project to start at a later date? on september 12th 2011 for example... Also, eventhough activities are all linked one after the other with finish to start links, why is it that even though i have a ceertain duration planned it does not shift the whole project if the start date of the first activity is not possible..?

They are both kind of the same question... I hope this was clear enough.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2011 14:20 #2 by babynus
Hi,

No there is not Start-Start link today (it is a planned evolution, with low priority).
To represent a start-start link (or the nearest) : add a milestone, at end-start from milestone to each task.
That's the best possible today.

To replan with different startdate, just replan and change the planning start date ;-)
If nothing has changed between (no real work input, or left work change), it should do exactely what you want.

I don't clearly understand your last question. Could you detail ?

Thanks.
Babynus.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
07 Mar 2011 14:52 #3 by lowendal
In a case where I have all of my activities linked finish to start...

1) If for example, my first activity is delayed by a few days, does the whole project shift depending on the duration predicted per activity?

2) If I have planned a whole project as a demo, however, I would like to place this demo project for 2 months from now, is it possible to shift the whole project, or do I have to re-insert each date per activity for the entire project?

Thank you for your response.

More
07 Mar 2011 15:59 #4 by babynus
1) Yes.
Planning is as simple as possible, and will never overbook a resource.
It is almost the same kind of planning you could manually run with Excel.
So if the first task is delayed, all the project planning shifts.
This is true only if the affectations of resources are coherent : sum of affectation rate <= 100%. Otherwise, you can have resources booked on other projects that wil lead to extra delay.

2) The planning will onlyhave impact on planned dates.
If you shift the start date of first activity, the planned dates of following activities will be shifted, but not the validated dates.
Maybe a specific functionality could be introduced as an evolution to be able to save current planning as validated one...

Regards.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.