View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - I assigned Resource one 1 days to one activity,why the planned duaration is 3 days? - ProjeQtOr

I assigned Resource one 1 days to one activity,why the planned duaration is 3 days?

More
28 Feb 2013 04:30 #1 by larryjq
I assigned Resource one 1 days to one activity,why the planned duaration is 3 days?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2013 13:17 #2 by babynus
Hi,

On your print screen, you don't dispayed the expected activity.
(the one with SATA in the name is expected)

But it gives me enough information to understand.
Your first activity, on 2013-2-27 is finished.
Your second activity, on 2023-2-28 is also finished
The "%SATA%" activity is started : apparently, 1/2 day is real work, on 2013-2-27, so you should have 1/2 day left.
Resource should have no availability left, so planning finished "%SATA%" activity on 2013-3-1 (as soon as possible).
This activity starts on 2013-2-27 (real work) and ends on 2013-3-1 (planned left work) : duration = 3 days !!! B)
What is not pointed out, is that there is no work on this task on 2013-2-28. You could see this is respource planning or work plan reports, on real work allocation for the resource...

Regards.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
01 Mar 2013 02:39 #3 by larryjq
Thanks for your quick reply.As my understanding,Projectorria is resource driven software,right?Even if you assign the resource and the resource didn't input the real work or the resource has no availibility,the plan will delay according the resource limitation.This has advantage and disadvantage.The advantage:if reflect the process of the project.The disadvantage:You can't assign the resource accurately when the project starts.So it means that the due date change day by day.It confused the project leader.

More
01 Mar 2013 09:23 #4 by babynus

it means that the due date change day by day

Not the due date, but the planned date. Yes, it is the real project life ! :P
And the target of Project'Or RIA is to reflect as near as possible the real situation, to let the project leader take the good decisions, and be able reach his target.

A project leader should not be confused when planned dates don't respect target dates. It is real life.
It is his duty to adapt project constraint to put project on the rails and get back to the target.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
01 Mar 2013 10:30 #5 by larryjq
Thanks very much for your reply.To be frank,this is the best PM software I am looking for long time.Not one of the best,it is the BEST until now.I am studying step by step.Hope that we can deploy it in my job.Thanks again for your great job. :)

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.