View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - How can I have the test sessions in the gantt planning - ProjeQtOr

How can I have the test sessions in the gantt planning

More
12 Apr 2013 11:52 #1 by luckydigit
Good Morning,

I have some problem and I didn't find a solution in the forum.

Is it possible to display the test sessions inside the gantt planning ?

Because, I think there is a difference between Activities and Test Sessions.

And could you explain me the real goal of the test sessions (just a check by the test team of the following of the test session ? or a following for the manager ?).

thank you in advance,

Sincerely yours,

Luckydigit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2013 21:49 #2 by babynus

Is it possible to display the test sessions inside the gantt planning ?

No. But they will be on V3.7, through Ticket #900.

Because, I think there is a difference between Activities and Test Sessions.

Yes ! Activities are Planned elements, Test Sessions are not (not yet).

And could you explain me the real goal of the test sessions (just a check by the test team of the following of the test session ? or a following for the manager ?).

Test sessions regroup tests to be played. When run, tester reports result for each test and the summary on the test session gives a summarized view of tests.
Moreover, as tests cann be liked to requirement, you get a summary of test coverage of each requirement from test sessions.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
15 Apr 2013 16:11 #3 by luckydigit
Dear Babynus,

Thank you for your explanations. I would like to say that project'or ria is an interesting software, moreover with the next evolutions you planned.

I am looking to use project'or ria to my needs. I can say that it matchs around 70% and that it has the philosophy I thinked about for this kind of software.

I think that in few weeks, I could come again in the forum to give a status of my use of project'or ria to suggest some evolutions (if not already planed).

Today, I am wondering if project'or ria allows to create and manage checklist, as quality checklist or other type of checklist with user defined actions ?

One more time, it is a great job you've made,

sincerely yours,

Luckydigit

More
15 Apr 2013 17:32 #4 by babynus

Today, I am wondering if project'or ria allows to create and manage checklist, as quality checklist or other type of checklist with user defined actions ?

No, but this is an interesting idea.
Thinking about it, I imagine :
- define checklist, for instance for a given type of item, consiting of list of texts
- presenting checklist on each item : list of texts with just a checkbox to be checked
When checking, should be stored :
- status (checked/unchecked),
- who did check
- when it was checked
Each line could also be followed by optional comment.

Is that what you're thinking about.

(request registered as Ticket #1052)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
16 Apr 2013 09:21 #5 by climb4fun
Hi all,

great idea. We currently using this kind of checklists as well.
Example: Before we go live with a new release, we check whether all sign offs given, Security permission given, runbook created, ... and so on. The same we have for projects: scope defined, budget approved, project charter approved, ... and so on.

A checklist should be linkable to Tickets, Actions, ...

Klaus

More
16 Apr 2013 09:59 #6 by luckydigit
Dear Babynus, climb4fun,

I have the same idea about the checklist than you.

They should be used fo any kind of object managed by project'or ria as you suggest (test case, activity, actions, ticket, ...).

For the information to store, your list seems to be enough, the optional comment is very important. I think that this information could be allowed to write for each sub-item of the checklist when they are created, and modified during the following of the treatment of the sub-item.

One of the interest of the checklist is to group a list of generic "actions" to do to progress on the treatment of a project'or ria item and to easily re-use them.

I agree with you when you say that the checklist is a list of text with just a checkbox. The user has to define himself the sub-items of the checklist he wants to be verified by the responsible of the project'or ria item.

An idea could be to have a special checklist object as ticket or activity and to link it with the project'or ria item/object with the linking function.

And a checklist type could be created to have the possibility for the user to create and store generic checklist with generic sub-item (text).

but I don't know if this function can be OK with the upgrades of project'or ria.

I hope I am understandable,

Sincerely yours,

Luckydigit

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.