View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Migrate Data between two ProjectorRia's DB - ProjeQtOr

Migrate Data between two ProjectorRia's DB

More
21 May 2013 04:03 #1 by gnox
Hi, first of all thanks for creating ProjectorRia, I am in the process of evaluating it for implementation in my office, but I was wondering if it is possible to have one database of projectorria for internal projects, and import some data like work hours/tickets/etc from another projectorria database that is serving to external workers?

thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2013 14:18 #2 by babynus
No, it would be a mess to import data from one working database to another working database.
But Project'Or RIA is designed to allow different profile users to connect and work on the same database, seeing only data he is accounted to.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
22 May 2013 09:16 #3 by ekolossov
Yes, but there are security issues with access from the outside world unfortunately. We have for this reason, two versions installed: for internal and external teams separately. Not very convenient I would say... It will be useful to have ability to import/export at least settings, lists, etc.

More
22 May 2013 14:03 #4 by babynus

there are security issues with access from the outside

Which one ?

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
22 May 2013 14:49 #5 by ekolossov
In our company people cannot access Ethernet from outside world rather than using VPN but we are not giving VPN access to the outsourcing team for example

More
22 May 2013 17:06 #6 by gnox
Thanks for answering, I have the same situation as ekolossov, even if we know that we can filter the access to the information, for security reasons I would prefer to isolate my consolidated data (from many projects) from the one that external resources can access (one project), and it would be handy to have some kind of import feature.

the security reasons if you ask :
- human error giving wrong access to users (yes is on my side, but if some manager gets creative)
- sql injection/hacking/denied of service, could bring down the same projectorria that the internal users use. By the way is it possible to have two instances of projectorria pointing to the same database? for a load balancing thing ?

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.