View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - How is "real work" calculated for a parent activity ? - ProjeQtOr

How is "real work" calculated for a parent activity ?

More
08 Oct 2013 15:11 #1 by caccia
Hi Babynus,

2 questions actually:

1) I am facing a problem with the calculation of real work on a few activities: the parent activity does not take into account all the real work of its children activities (see "Parent_real_work_problem.jpg").

I believe this has happened after moving around some activities / projects. In order to investigate where this might have come from, could you tell me where in the source code is the real work calculated for a parent activity ?
My use case is this:
- in Real Work Allocation, log some time on a child activity, and save.
-> I have checked the saveImputation.php file, everything seems ok
-> I haven't found where the update of real work for the parent activity is done :blush:

2) While trying to figure this out, I played in the "demo" Projectorria, and now see something strange: I logged some small amounts of time on a child activity (66.5.2 test1), and when I check the Planning or Activity details, the real work on this activity is different! (see screenshots Activity, Planning, RWA).
These tests are done on the "MyOwnTestProject" of the demo site.
-> Any idea what could cause this ?

Thanks for your help!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2013 16:59 #2 by babynus

1) I am facing a problem with the calculation of real work on a few activities: the parent activity does not take into account all the real work of its children activities (see "Parent_real_work_problem.jpg").

I don't see "Parent_real_work_problem.jpg" attached :(

2) While trying to figure this out, I played in the "demo" Projectorria, and now see something strange: I logged some small amounts of time on a child activity (66.5.2 test1), and when I check the Planning or Activity details, the real work on this activity is different! (see screenshots Activity, Planning, RWA).
These tests are done on the "MyOwnTestProject" of the demo site.
-> Any idea what could cause this ?

Just becaus RWA (Real Work allocation) is in hours, others are in days.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
10 Oct 2013 10:47 - 10 Oct 2013 10:50 #3 by caccia

babynus wrote: 1) I don't see "Parent_real_work_problem.jpg" attached :(

Sorry... here it is.

I am suspecting some corruption in the database maybe (probably not linked to the tool itself), but would like to understand how the code works to try to figure out what might have happened..
Extra note: we incidentally deleted the "Release notes P1" activity, and then the parent "Release 1.3.2" was recalculated to the correct value (see "Parent_real_work_OK").

2) Just becaus RWA (Real Work allocation) is in hours, others are in days.

Of course !!! :pinch:
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Oct 2013 10:50 by caccia. Reason: bad quote closing!

More
10 Oct 2013 13:32 #4 by babynus
Hi,

Calculation is done is the PlanningElement class (/model/PlanningElement.php).
On save, the update is automatically displatched to parent, recurcively.

So just updating value of the lowest activity will fix the data. It is what oyu did by deleting the activity ;)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: caccia

More
10 Oct 2013 13:39 #5 by caccia
Interesting, thanks !

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.