Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Access rights - ProjeQtOr

Access rights

More
17 Oct 2013 17:20 #1 by alcassanti
Access rights was created by alcassanti
Hi there.

That's my first post so I hope I'm not starting with a dumb question, but I couldn't find any answer searching the previous posts.
I couldn't figure out how to implement a rule on access rights that allow my team members to "see" all tickets (for example) and update only tickets that they are responsible for. I managed to make them allowed to update only tickets they own, but that's not the case.
Any ideas on how can I implement this permission rule?
If there's no way to implement that, I kindly suggest this to be implemented on future versions. :)

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2013 14:34 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Access rights
Hi,

It is not a dumb question.
You could not find any post about it, are there is not (as long as I can remember).

In fact, I think you came to the god guess : it is not possible to implement this permission rule. Existing rules (access mode) are "All", "Project", "Own" and "No".

Your idea is very interesting.
It is recorded as Ticket #1205.
I think about two ways to implement this :
- add new access mode "Responsible"
- extend acces mode "Own" to items created or responsible of.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
18 Oct 2013 19:58 #3 by alcassanti
Replied by alcassanti on topic Access rights
I see. I tried a lot before opening this topic and tested almost all combination of access modes, so I was pretty sure that I was going to get this answer anyway. :)

Talk about the implementation of a solution, I think that from the practical point of view both will work (extending "Own" or having a new "Responsible", as long as this one allows the user to see own elements too and not just the elements that the user is responsible for), but extending the "Own" access mode will limit the options, as in some situations is useful limiting the access and from the conceptual point of view being responsible for something don't makes you the owner of it.

I don't know what's easier to implement but IMO a new "Responsible" access mode that allows the user to see all responsible elements + created elements is the best solution.

Thanks again!

- AL

More
19 Oct 2013 15:49 #4 by babynus
Your comment has been added to the ticket (as note).

Thanks.

Babynus

More
19 Oct 2013 15:56 #5 by babynus
Hi,

I discovered that resuest already exited : Ticket #611.
I linked the tickets...

Babynus

More
21 Oct 2013 10:41 #6 by climb4fun
Replied by climb4fun on topic Access rights
Hi Babynus,

may be it's clear, but let me chip in for specification. Does mean:

Own elements to be responsible or / and to be assigned to and / or be issuer and / or requestor?

Regards,

Klaus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.