Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - project structure - ProjeQtOr

project structure

More
21 Oct 2013 09:58 - 21 Oct 2013 10:02 #1 by too
project structure was created by too
Hello.

I am starting using projector (nice project, by the way) in replacement of TeamWork. (twproject)
Trying to setup projects, i encountered this case, which i don't know how to solve using your paradigms.
I have some products, all based on an internal libraries. I can create products for each but except handling the libraries as projects i am not certain if this is the way you see it or not.
Are "projects" done to manage very long duration list of tasks, or should i use an other mean?
I first wanted to use projects to manage week/month groups of tasks, related to functionalities of the libraries and make libraries as products (so that i could also have versions). But products cannot be based on a collection of products so the strategy ends here.
/edit: On an other hand, i could manage by having libraries as projects and use subprojects for features of the libraries. However, it means that in planning, libraries would never end. It bothers me somewhat. Or maybe i missed something...

How would you solve this ?
Last edit: 21 Oct 2013 10:02 by too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2013 10:34 #2 by climb4fun
Replied by climb4fun on topic project structure
Hi too,

I use it in two ways.

1. To cluster all project related topics - Tickets, Requirements, Activities, ... and for proper assignment of human resources to a project. A project as per definitition is unique and has a distinct duration (hopefully ;) )

2. I do the same for my maintenance topics as well. This a kind of stuff is continuously. There we have Ticket for every purpose - most of all bugs. But we are tracking as well Risks which are related to the maintenance of our applications.

Products are use for our applications. Context is widely used to differenciate between different aspects of our products. I. E. network, hardware, interface, core of application, and so on.

We use target version to indicate a roadmap and which Ticket, Deliverable is part of releases planned.

I hope this helps for a starting point.

Regards,

Klaus

More
21 Oct 2013 10:53 #3 by too
Replied by too on topic project structure
Hi, Climb4fun.

About (1) this is what bothers me. Having a project that never ends looks wrong to me. However, if that's the way it's intended to be done i'll just follow that path.

Context is a new concept to me. I will have to read more on this, maybe it will help.
Thank you.

More
21 Oct 2013 11:03 #4 by climb4fun
Replied by climb4fun on topic project structure
Hi too,

ProjectorRIA is very flexible. Means, you can follow our approach or / and modify to your needs. If you have a project management approach in mind, then you will find the perfect set up.

To be honest, since my first set up and today, we have had several cycles where we modified workflow. --- and it seems, we still will improve. That the magic of ProjectorRIA.

I found on every new reading of the manual some new details and hints, which I didn't discover on reading before. But I helps to understand - and if not, come back to forum - I will provide my expericence with ProjectorRIA for sure.

Regards,

Klaus
The following user(s) said Thank You: too

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.