Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Types of testing - ProjeQtOr

Types of testing

More
19 Feb 2014 12:52 #1 by Florina
Types of testing was created by Florina
Hello,

I'm trying to setup test cases. I was wondering why are there so few choices in the types drop down:

Test case: Requirement test, Non regression , unit testing. What if it is created for a Ticket? and has no requirement linked to it.

Also Test sessions: what is Evolution test session?

many thanks for your answer

Regards,
Florina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2014 23:13 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Types of testing

why are there so few choices in the types drop down

These are just example.
You can (and should) define your own types...

Test case: Requirement test, Non regression , unit testing. What if it is created for a Ticket?

It is rare (but not forbidden ;) ) to defined tickets test cases outisde of ticket, mostly of test case is only linked to the ticket.
In most cases, test cases are designed for a development or evolution.
But you can also define complete set of tests cases for your product, and then select one to test a ticket resolution.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
20 Feb 2014 13:28 #3 by Florina
Replied by Florina on topic Types of testing
Hi there,

I'm trying to get our system of testing now to work on Oria and there are a few things that I don't know where to put.

We have a core test plan made of core test cases, but how to differentiate it from all the other test cases to have it as a whole?

We are using at the moment a

Step | Description | Expected Output |Actual Output |Pass/Fail

table, where the actual output is a screenshot. A test plan has 10-20 steps, and we would want to have the information with the same structure, to be able to export it as a report later.

We were thinking to get the test cases as a test plan of 10 steps, and run test sessions on them, how could we get the Output attached to the steps.
Is the test case the plan, and the test sessions just a test of that test plan, cause that's how we're running it at the moment.

From the documentation it looks like a test case is something very small, like one step in our 10 steps test plan. But we would like to be able to include a test plan in a test case, with a table structure somehow.

Please advise, I have some confused testers :(

I hope weather is nice in France this time of the year :)

More
20 Feb 2014 20:36 #4 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Types of testing

We have a core test plan made of core test cases, but how to differentiate it from all the other test cases to have it as a whole?

Just select a specific type of test. You can define your own.

We were thinking to get the test cases as a test plan of 10 steps, and run test sessions on them

I would advise to set 1 test case per step, and define a parent test case to group then.

how could we get the Output attached to the steps.

Attachment !

From the documentation it looks like a test case is something very small, like one step in our 10 steps test plan. But we would like to be able to include a test plan in a test case, with a table structure somehow.

Yes, test cases should be small.
But they can also be larger, as "parent" to group unitary test cases.

I hope weather is nice in France this time of the year

Unfortunately not. Very wet. :(

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
21 Feb 2014 12:25 #5 by Florina
It is going to be impossible for us to create a test case for each step, the first test of the core test plan has 49 steps, and the whole file today has 118 pages. Just that would make it un-manageable.
right now we describe all steps in description like:
1)step
*expected result
2)step
*expected result
3)step
*expected result
the screenshot for each step are weird to add - a link to a Google doc with slides - one per step.

When you are speaking about making a parent test case, is there another way to define the parenting than adding linked elements? As in can I create a Parent type case which has a different structure?
it belongs to a requirement and has several test cases? Can we define a hierarchy? It all seems to have the same configuration at the moment.

I cone from Lyon, I know how wet it can be, but there's always ski!

More
21 Feb 2014 12:41 #6 by Florina
Actually, sorry , I set up the parent and the "brothers" predecessor and successor. If these are just for info, what importance have the linked elements?
If I define something as a successor, do I also have to link it?

Thank you for your patience :)

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.