View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - ProjeQtOr Configuration screen: "... does not include a valid directory name ..." - ProjeQtOr

ProjeQtOr Configuration screen: "... does not include a valid directory name ..."

More
02 Mar 2015 16:33 #1 by AntiChecker
Hi,

I'm currently trying to implement the ProjeQtOr Configuration screen Security hint by moving the following directories and files out of web access:
  • Directory to store Attachments: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/files/projeqtor/attachments/
  • Temp directory for reports: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/files/projeqtor/reports/
  • Log file name: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/files/projeqtor/logs/${date}.log
  • Parameter file name: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/files/projeqtor/parameters.php
The directories do already exist and the permissions are set to user "web1" and group "client1" but I get the follwoing error messages:
  • incorrect value for 'Directory to store Attachments', this is not a valid directory name
  • incorrect value for 'Log file name', does not include a valid directory name
  • incorrect value for 'Parameter file name', does not include a valid directory name (/var/www/clients/client1/web1/files/projeqtor)
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for your answer.

Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2015 20:16 #2 by babynus
Hi,

First "Temp directory for reports: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/files/projeqtor/reports/" must be kept is web reach.
It is used to store images for reports.

Second, you must give ownership to the user running PHP.
I don't think it is "web1".
By default, it is "apache" on RedHat like distribs (including CentOs) and "www-data" for Debian like distribs (including Ubuntu).

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
02 Mar 2015 20:23 #3 by babynus
In addition (if your PHP user is web1), check that access right is RWX for the owner (user must have execute rights to directory to pwd it).

Babynus

More
03 Mar 2015 02:51 #4 by AntiChecker
Hi babynus,

Thank you for your suggestions.

First "Temp directory for reports: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/files/projeqtor/reports/" must be kept is web reach.

I have changed it to the ProjeQtOr default setting "../files/report/" and yes, it is clearly written on the right side of the "Temp directory for reports" field which reads "any valid directory in the web structure", so this is my fault.

Unfortunately you did not write why the 3 error messages "incorrect value for ..." do occur:

When I add "web/" between "/var/www/clients/client1/web1" and "/files" so that the settings look like the following:
  • Directory to store Attachments: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/files/projeqtor/attachments/
  • Log file name: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/files/projeqtor/logs/${date}.log
  • Parameter file name: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/files/projeqtor/parameters.php
the 3 error messages do NOT occur and the message "Parameters are saved." occurs.

Please can you shortly explain why the 3 errors are raised when the directory setting is without the addition of "web/", although the directories do exist.

So I will go with that kind of setting, although I am a little bit frustrated because with this setting the directories and files are NOT out of web access.

Additionally for your information it does not make any difference whether the directories and files have been set as user "web1" and group "client1" or have been set as user "www-data" and group "www-data" and in both cases the owner has RWX access rights.

More
03 Mar 2015 07:53 #5 by babynus
Hi,

/var/www/clients/client1/web1/files/projeqtor/logs/${date}.log

is not out web reach.
All what is in /var/www is in web reach as it is default DocumentRoot for Apache.

Unfortunately you did not write why the 3 error messages "incorrect value for ..." do occur:

This is clear : it leans the Directories are not correct : either they do not exist, or PHP user dio not have access to them.
Just try

su - apache (or www-data)
cd /var/www/clients/client1/web1/files/projeqtor/

Is it really correct ?

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.