View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Importing Activities - Doubt about closed activities - ProjeQtOr

Importing Activities - Doubt about closed activities

More
17 Apr 2015 20:42 #1 by francis2301
Hi,
I'm trying to import my schedule develop in MSProject to Projeqtor, and it's been really effective. There is only one scenario that I don't know if its a expected behavior or if it is a issue. The scenario is the following.

I'm trying to import an activity (new activity to projeqtor) with a "done and closed status" (100% complete), that would be inserted into projeqtor and then closed. The activity is set with everything needed to be successful imported (if I change status to recorded or handled, it is imported correctly). The message I get when I try to import this "closed" activity is: "Impossible to close this element because of existing not closed dependent elements", an then a number of milestones, activities and tickets.

Is there any reason why I can't import a closed activity?
PS: If this is the expected behavior, I'd like to suggest having a different error message (something like "can't import closed activity"), instead of the one currently in use.

Kind regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2015 16:49 #2 by babynus
Most possibly it is because you try and import an activity with an ID that is used by other elements.
But this seems strange. Could you check if you are in this status.

Another explanation is that import tries to control closure upon a non existent id.
Then you would retrieve a blocking message with nulber of all items with no idActivity (this means for instance milestones that are directly under a project and not under an activity).
I'll check this.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
22 Apr 2015 14:58 #3 by francis2301
Hi. Thanks for your quick response and sorry for my late comments.

Regarding the first scenario presented (importing an activity with an ID that is used by other elements), I'm not sure if it is the case. Since I'm importing a new activity, I did not supply any ID for that activity in the import file (ID column was blank/null).

Maybe the second scenario fits better. But, I don't think it would be the correct behavior, because I don't see any problem in importing an activity with a closed status, since all mandatory fields are correct. Do you?

Thank you very much for your attention.
Kind regards.

More
22 Apr 2015 20:24 #4 by babynus
Hi,

I also think it is the second scenario, and I think this should be fixed.
Ticket #1690 was recorded, to remind to have a look at this.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: francis2301

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.