View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Assignment of a Resource to multiple activities at the same time. (& understanding planning process) - ProjeQtOr

Assignment of a Resource to multiple activities at the same time. (& understanding planning process)

More
18 Jan 2016 09:51 #1 by Lombard
hi,
I have read most ot the planning and resource allocation/assignments posts i could fine. Still I do not understand how the planning process works and how it it influenced totally yet but I do realize that fundamentally Projeqor assumes one resources can only work on, or can be assigned to one activities at a time.

However, in our environment it is difficult to dedicate on resource to one project activities at a time, they have other operational demands and do not work on projects that are not manged by Projecqor.

Is it possible to assign one resource to multiple activities that run at the same time and then to get the planning engine to honor this?
What is the simplest metode to make sure an activities starts on n particular date?
Other than the online manual, where can i learn more about the planning mode descriptions to understand exactly how I can use each of them. The descriptions do not help me understand how i can apply them so that the planning process behaves more like i require.

Thank you
Lombard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2016 11:17 #2 by babynus

Projeqor assumes one resources can only work on, or can be assigned to one activities at a time.

NO !

Is it possible to assign one resource to multiple activities that run at the same time and then to get the planning engine to honor this?

YES !!!

What is the simplest metode to make sure an activities starts on n particular date?

Make sure : no way (for instance, if dedicated resource is on vacation duing the period, it will not be possible) !
Get best possibility to start on given date : select planning mode "not before start date", or define a fixed milestone and set it prior to your activity.

Other than the online manual, where can i learn more about the planning mode descriptions to understand exactly how I can use each of them.

We propose some training courses. Have a look at services.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
18 Jan 2016 11:34 #3 by Lombard
thank you for your quick response

"""Is it possible to assign one resource to multiple activities that run at the same time and then to get the planning engine to honor this?
YES !!! """

Can you please share some tips as to how this could be done, which are the best planning modes to use for this situation. What are the other key configurations to consider.

Unfortunately I will not be able to raise funds for Training until i can demonstrate that we can actually use the product, something i am trying to do by using it for a new big project we have started, but i need more information or help with how the planning engine works so that we can understand the expected outputs of the planning process and how we can adjusted to meet our needs. How can you please help kick start me on this journey. thank you.

More
18 Jan 2016 13:47 #4 by babynus
For instance :
=> set assignment rate to the activity at 50%. Resource will not work more than half day on this activity, leaving time to work on another...
=> use planning mode "regular between date" : the work on the activity will be regularly planned on the activity. For instance, 2 days of work for 10 days duration will lead to 0,2 work days per day...

About training, if product is free, services are not.
Business model is only based on services so we cannot provide services for free.
Full training to projeqtor takes 2 days, explaining only planning part to someone using ProjeQtOr for several months is 1/2 day...
Cannot offer it for free. Sorry.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.