View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Limited amount of projects in planning! - ProjeQtOr

Limited amount of projects in planning!

More
04 Feb 2016 11:18 #1 by ctrocme
Hi,
ProjeQtOr is new to me. I am currently evaluating this tool for a future use in my company.

Some problems:
1) What is the max number to projects that can be displayed in the planning window?
2) How to register one project in xls format While only the PDF format is proposed?

Positive point: your application is really complete, flexible and user friendly.

Regards,

CT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2016 12:07 #2 by babynus

1) What is the max number to projects that can be displayed in the planning window?

These is a limit defined in Global parameters screen.
It is set to 20 as an old value : before V4.5, displaying more than few hundreds of lines was very long on Chrome, freezing browser on IE and blockeing browser on firefox. Since V4.5, important improvements allows to increase this value.
What will be important is not the number of project but the number on lines (projects, activities, milestones) to display. It will be longer to display 1 project with 1000 activities that 200 projects with 2 activities each.
It is important to remenber that you will have two delays :
- the server delay to retreive data from server : will depend on server capacity, configuration, and network capacity and constraints.
- the client delay to format data in the planning view : will directly depend on workstation capacity and browser (chrome is much more rapid than IE)
For information I just had a test to display 255 project, with 1636 activities, 81 milistones and 16 meetings (so 1988 lines to display) : took about 30 seconds to get screen displayed.

2) How to register one project in xls format While only the PDF format is proposed?

All depends on what you want to export.
You can export porject list or activities list in CSV format : will be opened by MS-Excel
You can also export full project is MS-Project (xml) format.
But you cannot export project as a Gantt view in XLS format : these are non-linear data, so not suitable for xls format.
What you can possibly do is use print preview and then copy/paste resutl into your favorite application. Result will depend on way your application treats html format.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
15 Apr 2016 12:36 #3 by pyhalleux
Hello,

I estimate that the quantity of lines per project could go up to 7500 lines. Is it still workable ? We could have up to 20 projects, but nobody will open all the projects at the same time ? Should I split a project in different sub-projects to make it more workable ?

Does someone have any idea of the maximum quantity of users at the same time and in total ? I would need about 100 users in total and maybe 20 at the same time.

Thanks for your answers.

Pierre-Yves

More
16 Apr 2016 17:22 #4 by babynus
7500 lines per project : you'll have difficulties to display Gantt planning for one project.
Yes, you should split project into sub-projects to be able to manage planning display for a single sub-project (target to about 1000 lines max per sub-project).

100 registered users and 20 working at same time is not an issue.
Requiring only small size server (2 or 4 CPU, 4GB RAM)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.