View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Questions on profiles and sum of permissions - ProjeQtOr

Questions on profiles and sum of permissions

More
25 Feb 2016 10:06 #1 by tonix
There are some rules I'm try to learn better, so I ask for more informations about what I'm experimenting.

1) I have created a new project, with a project manager (a direct attribute of project using the drop down menu), but the project manager is not able to create or modify anything in the project until I assign him to the project as project manager.
Should this assignment be automatic, or I am always forced to make this duplicated action?

2) I've created a project in which I assign two rules to the same resource, one rule as project manager, and one as developer.
But, finally, he may only act as developer, because no project manager permissions are ever permitted to him by projeqtor.
Shouldn't he have the sum of permissions, instead, and act both as project manager and developer?

Thanks,

Tonino

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2016 15:10 #2 by richard.pare
You must read: Stakeholder definition and Project affectation sections.
manual.projeqtor.org/html_en/Concept.htm...akeholder-definition

You will have a explaination about profile define to the user level and project affectation level.

More
25 Feb 2016 19:48 #3 by tonix
I've read carefully those pages, but they do not answer to my question.
They only cover assigning one rule to a resource in a project, or different rules in different projects.
But projeqtor permits a user having more rules in same project, but it uses always the last assigned rule.

I did two different tests, assgning two rules to the same user in same project.
In first test, I've assigned first a rule as project manager, then a rule as internal developer: user cannot manage project.
In second test, I've assigned first a rule as internal developer, then a rule as project manager: user is now able to manage project.

So, when there are more rules for the same person, the last one wins (while I feel if should have both permissions enabled in same time).

Regards,

Tonino

More
25 Feb 2016 20:17 #4 by richard.pare
What defines access to screens and features is the user profile (defined in user screen).

Profile defined in project affectation give to resource (user), project data visibility and access rights.

In your case, if a human resource is affected to one project as project leader and a other project as a project member.

This human resource doesn't have the same access rights for each project.

So, if you want that this human resource got all functionalities to project leader, you must set the user profile to "Project leader".

May be, an issue that will be fixed in version 5.3 can have you mislead.

track.projeqtor.org/view/main.php?direct...Simple&objectId=1903

More
25 Feb 2016 21:27 #5 by tonix
I'm speaking of a well different case.
In my case, a human resource is affected to one project as project leader and to the same project as project member.
He has two rules: project leader and developer in same project.
Projeqtor permits to do that, only, the last rule assigned wins and overrides the permissions of first rule assigned.
So, it would not be allowed to play as project leader and developer, but only as the last rule assigned.

More
25 Feb 2016 23:03 #6 by babynus
your use case is very specific and was not thought about.
have 2 affectations on same project for same resource but each with different profile.
the use case was not planned, but in my opinion behavior is correct.
if resource has several affectations for one project then the last one give the current rights. otherwise, there is no need to create several affectations

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.