View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Big problem : planning not working as expected - not able to plan tasks - Page 2 - ProjeQtOr

Big problem : planning not working as expected - not able to plan tasks

More
02 Mar 2016 17:12 - 02 Mar 2016 17:13 #7 by louisc
Sure !

Here it is (not much work assigned due to the problem I face :S )

Availability of resources

Monthly planning Resource/project/activity:

Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Mar 2016 17:13 by louisc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2016 17:20 #8 by babynus
Sure, Jean Louis is available.
But why is he not working ? :silly:

Can you show all affectations For Jean Louis (in the resource screen)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
02 Mar 2016 17:35 #9 by louisc
Yes,

You will find here all affectations for Jean-Yves (and yes, he has a lot of work but not yet implemented correctly in Projeqtor ;) )

Attachments:

More
02 Mar 2016 17:42 #10 by babynus
OK.

First, which line correspond to project with WBS 166.1 ?

Second : are you sure all these are projects ?
You may quickly face performance issues and great difficulty to manage project if you define project for waht could be a task...
Avoid to define projects for only few-days tasks.
Prefer to define it as an activity in a more generic project.
At a quick glance, five first project on the list could be an activity in a single project, then 3 following anoter project....

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
02 Mar 2016 18:47 #11 by louisc

First, which line correspond to project with WBS 166.1 ?

It's affectation ID 141

Second : are you sure all these are projects ?
You may quickly face performance issues and great difficulty to manage project if you define project for waht could be a task...

Well, I have to synchronize with an ERP where all these projects were existing... I think in the future we will try to limit the number of projects, but :
  • We have defined subprojects in projects for several reasons :
  • Some subprojects do not follow the same type as others (I don't think this is manageable at activity level
  • In most subprojects there are already quite a lot of activities. People affected in each subproject are not the same as on others. Maybe there could be a better mean to manage this.

More
03 Mar 2016 12:27 #12 by louisc
A little bit more precision about the way I have understood projeqtor (once more, I may be wrong !).

Avoid to define projects for only few-days tasks.

Currently there are no projects defined for only few days. Projects are created for :
  • Customer project, whatever the time it takes (from 1 week (rare !) to 2 years)
  • Internal and administrative tasks, which can be repetitive. For example, the "Reunions internes" project is a constant opened project to place all internal meetings not linked directly to an other project.
For these types of project (ex. Reunions Internes), I assign people at 0% rate, and they can enter the real work in real work allocation. I don't see how to do better.

I tried this morning to define a project with tasks as phases instead of subprojects, but I'm facing a problem :
Resources are working on multiple projects. Most of the time, there are some days or some weeks on a project, at 50% or 100% rate on this project, then work on another project, and back to the original project. This is due to time to get prototypes or time to get other teams work finished or time to get customer's validation.
To assign a resource on a task the resource must be affected in the corresponding project. But it can be quite easy to slice affectation on specific subprojects, but it is quite hard to do it on main project (we have to maintain <100% global project affectation for each resource). What is the best way to do then ?

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.