View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Round approximation in time management - ProjeQtOr

Round approximation in time management

More
02 Mar 2016 17:00 #1 by louisc
Hello,

I have found a little problem due to round approximation in time management.
The standard working day in my Projeqtor configuration is 8 hours long.
I have defined 1h periodic meetings each open day once a week for the team, which represent 0.125 day, but Projeqtor makes approximation and displays (and counts !) 0.13 day.
I precise that I have seen this with meetings but it can be seen on any activity/ticket/etc during 1 hour. With meetings, I just selects start and end hour of the meeting and the time is automatically calculated.
I tried both with real work allocation unit in days or hours (workload is defined in days, which is more realistics), and each time the conversion of 1 hour meeting ends in 0.13 day or 1h04.
The problem is that for a periodic meeting with the complete team, the cumulative error is quite big on 1 year.
How can we get the time calculation correct without having approximation at this stage ?

Thanks for your answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2016 20:12 #2 by babynus
Recorded as Ticket #1993

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
12 Mar 2016 19:53 #3 by babynus
Hi,

After some study, this is not really an issue.
If duration is 1h, assigned work calculated is 0.125 d, rounded to 0.13.
But you can change it to exect value of 0.125 if you care.
Then saved value is exactly 0.125 even if there is a rounded display.

You can check in the database, table assignment : stored value is 0.125.
To see it, you can for instance change unit for work to hours (not only to real work) and go to the meeting : planned work is 1h exactly (not 1,04h).
Or you can check total assigned work to periodic meeting : with 1 resouce assigned 0,125 days 10 times, total is exactly 1.25.

Also consider that is you do not fix value and leave 0.13, issue is only on planning.
When resources enter real work, if real work is in hours, they enter exactly 1h, without rounding, so real work project is correct.

Rounding will be set to 3 digits when adding work on meeting, hoping it will not set a mess for other users.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.