View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - I don't understand how charges are allocated betwen order and activities - ProjeQtOr

I don't understand how charges are allocated betwen order and activities

More
19 Apr 2016 19:58 - 19 Apr 2016 21:18 #1 by dnaton
Hello,
After many tests, I don't understand anymore how are charges allocated to a project

I create a simple project, without any charges in the Project screen.
I create an order attached to this project, with 5 days of charges and an amount of 5000 € : theses charges and amount correctly appears on the project view 'Validated charges", and "validated costs"

After that, I create a activity, attached to this project, but first without any charge......and what's happend ? In the project view, the precedent charges (and amount) validated disappears :blink:
If I suppress this activity, the charges and amount don't appears anymore.....exept if I modify the order attached (amount or charge) : in this case, the project view will display again the charges and amount :blink: . (a right modification is necessary. a simple "save" without any modifications doesn't work)

Another test : If this time I create the same activity as before, attached to the same project, but with charges and amount this time. In this case, the project view display also only the charge and amount from this activity but dont make sum of charge from order and from activity (the same for amount)

And last test : in this situation (describe just before), I modify again my order (charge or amount, it is the same resultat), the project view display only the data from order and suppress informations from activity :unsure:

It is as if the project take in account only the last input and supress the precedent.

Is it normal ? If yes, can someone explain me where I must input charge and amount ? I'm realy lost :(

Thanks

Edit 21h15
After other tests, my conclusion (but is it right ?) : we can't use order an activities together : if we use activities for input charges and amount, and only activities, all is fine. But if we affect an order, all the data coming from acivities are erased in the project screen and replace by the order(s)

That's right ?

Regards,
Damien
ProjeQtOr v11.0.1 - Apache v2.4.56 - MariaDB v10.4.28 - PHP v8.2.4
Plugins installed : Personalized Translation 1.5 - Customization of screen 6.6
Last edit: 19 Apr 2016 21:18 by dnaton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2016 21:41 #2 by babynus
You are right, definition of validated work/cost from Order and from Activities may not be compatible.

That is why consolidation of validated work/cost has three modes :
- never consolidate : validated work/cost is never summed up to the project
- always consolidate : validated work/cost is always summed up to the project
- consolidate only if set : Activities with zero values do not erase top values, but if values are set, they are summed up to the project

Default value is "Consolidate only if set"
As you described your case, it seems youare in case "always consolidate"
To use ORder budgeting, you should use "never consolidated".

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
26 Apr 2016 14:10 #3 by dnaton

Default value is "Consolidate only if set"
As you described your case, it seems youare in case "always consolidate"

Exactly. I changed the value to "Consolidate only if set" : I think it is the right value for waht I want to do.

But I don't realy understand the difference between "Consolidate only if set" and "Never consolidated".
In the "Never consolidated". state, what happend if activity has zeron value ? Not the same as for "Consolidate only if set" ?

Regards,
Damien
ProjeQtOr v11.0.1 - Apache v2.4.56 - MariaDB v10.4.28 - PHP v8.2.4
Plugins installed : Personalized Translation 1.5 - Customization of screen 6.6

More
28 Apr 2016 15:56 #4 by babynus

But I don't realy understand the difference between "Consolidate only if set" and "Never consolidated".
In the "Never consolidated". state, what happend if activity has zeron value ? Not the same as for "Consolidate only if set" ?

Yes, if activity has zero value "Never consolidated" will have same result as "Consolidate only if set".
Difference if if activity has non zero value.
For "Never consolidated", project will keep its own value, and so value for project will not be sum for activities
For "Consolidate only if set", project value will be updated with sum for activities

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.