View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Issue with progress calculation basis submitted or validated real work - ProjeQtOr

Issue with progress calculation basis submitted or validated real work

More
22 Apr 2016 11:50 #1 by sagar.toshniwal
Not sure if this has been brought up earlier. I have an activity on which a few resources are affected to. Each one can enter real work allocation, so that it is rolled up for final progress of the overall activity. What I observed is that whenever a resource enters -- submits -- real work, the progress of the activity increases. Now this is tricky. There is a facility to enter work in future also. The tool just pops up a message - "I am entering real work for 5 days beyond today" - and I just click ok. This is not a stopping message.

So here is the situation: My activity has validated duration of 90 hours. There are 3 resources with 20, 30, 40 hours assigned to their respective work. Assume that the resources entered all the work in future 7 days, today itself. Now the progress of the activity will be shown as 100%, for today. But in reality, the progress will not be even 10%. I hope I am able to reproduce the issue. How do we handle this?

Some suggestions I am thinking of:
(1) I guess future work entry should not be allowed. But backdated entry should be allowed for a few days -- I should be able to decide this number (5 days, 7 days, etc.).
(2) Progress should be calculated only on the validated work, and not basis submitted work.

Please advise.

I am an Eagle. On a mission to help those who want to help themselves...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2016 22:37 #2 by babynus
Real work can be entered in the future to be able to enter planned holidays and other out duty days.

Real work should not be entered in future.
Even if I know some Project Leaders who request on thursday afternoon, to have work inout for full week, including friday (in the future).

(1) Possibly this could be an improvement to allow real work input in the future only for administrative project
Request recorded as Ticket #2055

(2) this could be quite complex to do, and will be useless with (1)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
25 Apr 2016 06:33 #3 by sagar.toshniwal
Thanks Babynus. I agree, suggestion # 2 will be useless if #1 is implemented. However, I still believe work done in future (say more than 5 days from now) should not be allowed.

Is there anyway I can ensure this in current release (v 5.3.2)?

I am an Eagle. On a mission to help those who want to help themselves...

More
25 Apr 2016 08:40 #4 by babynus
No, in current version there is no way.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.