View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Can a user play 2 different roles on the same project? - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Can a user play 2 different roles on the same project?

More
26 Apr 2016 12:26 #1 by sagar.toshniwal
I have a user who acts as Project Manager as well as Business Analyst for a particular project. When I create this user, I am supposed to mention a unique profile for this user, which I have mentioned as PM. Now for this particular project only, I have to assign tasks of PM and BA to the same person. How do I achieve this?

PM and BA roles are required to move the project status ahead through workflow.

Note: In the assignments section, I have assigned this person twice, by selecting different "functions". One as Manager and other as Analyst. But not working as I want. Help please...

I am an Eagle. On a mission to help those who want to help themselves...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2016 15:48 #2 by babynus
"Profile" drives access rights.
"Function" defines cost for resource.

You can affect a resource with profile different from his default profile.

In your case, it seems that affecting user with Project Leader profile is the best as it is often profile with most rights.
But this will not give the rights to move wrokflow as BA can do it.

To solve exactly what you want, you have to define new profile "PM&BA" that will have all rights of both profiles, and affect your resource with this profile to the project.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
04 May 2016 06:26 #3 by sagar.toshniwal
Thanks Babynus for this resolution. It indeed addressed my concern.

I am an Eagle. On a mission to help those who want to help themselves...

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.