View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - What is the best way to allocate time for periodic task - ProjeQtOr

What is the best way to allocate time for periodic task

More
10 May 2016 18:09 #1 by BatmanTheBlind
Hello,

I want to allocate a certain amount of time each week for specific periodic task. For exemple : I need to define 2 days per week on Technical Support. These days may or may not be used, but I want to allocate them just in case.
But I've two problems about this :
  1. Is there a way to define the Activity once and define a periodicity ? For now, I make a copy of the task each week but it is very time-consuming.
  2. Is there a way to assign "one ressource of a specific Team" ? My need is to tell to ProjeQtor "I want to keep at least 2 day of work free on this team in case of Technical Support to do but whatever the resource is".

To give another exemple, in the same way, I would like to allocate a specific number of days on summer to anticipate leave days that are not already ask by my team.

Thank you for any advice you could give !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2016 15:05 #2 by babynus
1) You can simply define a task (activity) with planning mode "regular between dates". You then have to define start and end dates of the period and assign work to a resource for the period. Plannning will reguliarly dispath the work on the period. You can also use "regular in full days", "regular in half days" and "regular in quater days".

2) No, you cannot assign a team, you must assign a resource. The program cannot choose for you which resource will be used (and so will not be available for something else). Only way to do what you expect is to use a single resource for the team, with capacioty = number of persons in the team.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: BatmanTheBlind

More
18 May 2016 12:31 #3 by BatmanTheBlind
Thank you for these informations.

I wonder what happen if I assign several resources on an activity with planning mode "regular in half days"...
For exemple :
Resource A is assigned with 1 day on 50%
Resource B is assigned with 1 day on 50%
Activity is planned with "Regular in half day" on 5 day (from 23rd May to 27th May) with a charge of 2 days

Does it imply that A and B will work together or not necessarly ?

More
19 May 2016 14:31 #4 by babynus

Does it imply that A and B will work together or not necessarly ?

No, each resource will have work planned depending on his own availability constraints.
The only planning mode that would force resources to work together is ... "work together" :woohoo:
But this planning mode is some king of asap planning, not regular.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.