ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Successors - ProjeQtOr

Successors

More
15 Jun 2016 17:16 #1 by pyhalleux
Successors was created by pyhalleux
According to the user guide, predecessors and successors must belong to the same project or to be a project. This is fine for me, but I would like to have the possibility to link tasks of different sub-projects and this seems not possible.

The work flow in my company is going through different stages. Each stage is managed by a manager who shares the work between the people of his team. When a part (an item) of the work is finished, it goes to another stage managed by another manager. See the small attached chart. By creating sub-project for each stage, every manager has the possibility to see the progress of his team and the project manager can have a full view of the progress of his job. Unfortunately, it seems not possible to link each item from stages to stages as they belong to another sub-project. Is there a way to avoid this ?

Thank you for your answer.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2016 15:11 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Successors
In fact the sentence in the user manual

Predecessors and successors must belong to the same project or be a project.

is wrong :(

The fact is that selection in the "add predecessor" or "add successor" pop-up provides by default list of items of the same project. But it is possible to link items from different projects :
- eithe using the "magnify" button to search for element in list that includes items from all project
- manually "draw" the dependency in the Gantt planning view using the drag & drop feature.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
04 Jul 2016 17:07 - 04 Jul 2016 17:10 #3 by richard.pare
Replied by richard.pare on topic Successors

- eithe using the "magnify" button to search for element in list that includes items from all project
- manually "draw" the dependency in the Gantt planning view using the drag & drop feature.

I tested with V5.4.1, but I did not get the same behavior as described in the last reply.
I must select "All projects" in project selector to get the behavior describes.

Is it normal?
Last edit: 04 Jul 2016 17:10 by richard.pare.

More
06 Jul 2016 20:16 #4 by babynus
Yes Richard, it is normal, list of projects is always restricted to selected project and its sub-project.

But best way to work is use drag & drop to create a dependency ;).

Babynus

More
06 Jul 2016 21:09 #5 by richard.pare
Replied by richard.pare on topic Successors
Is it possible in future version adds a checkbox in the dialog box, allowing display all values from visible projects?

To avoid to select "All projects" in project selector to come back to my project.

Also, could be useful for adding linked elements.

More
06 Jul 2016 21:53 #6 by babynus
Request recorded as Ticket #2183

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.