View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] visibility of profiles in assignation's combo box - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] visibility of profiles in assignation's combo box

More
24 Aug 2016 10:12 #1 by cmarechal
Hello,

I find it strange to have the visibility of all profiles in assignation form when you are a project leader.

In fact you can assigne the profile "administrator" to someone and his user can have the visibility on the screens which are visible by admin (he cannot indeed use the fonctions if he has not a global profile of admin)

Is there a possibility to hide such profile ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2016 11:47 - 24 Aug 2016 11:49 #2 by cmarechal
Meanwhile, i have found a workaround to avoid the affectation as admin : i simply closed the admin profile.

But this is not satisfying.

In fact , some project leaders (project leader type 1) could have the hability to "pick" in a list of profile which is not necessarily the same for other project leaders (project leader type 2).

list of affectable profiles should be linked to the own profile of the user.
Last edit: 24 Aug 2016 11:49 by cmarechal.

More
24 Aug 2016 19:15 #3 by babynus
Hi,

It is an issue we already noticed, but not recorded yet is the roadmap.
It is done now : Ticket #2279 recorded.

Our idea is to make things simple : as profiles have sort order, idea is to allow a given profile to affect with profiles having sort order >= his own.
So Project Leader could not affect as Admin.

But this may not be very urgent as this has no impact on access rights : even if user A (Project Leader) affects user B with Admin rghts to project P, these rights are available only on project P. User B does not retreive access rights to "all project", like a real Admin.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
25 Aug 2016 08:27 #4 by cmarechal
Hi,
The visibility linked to the index could be a solution but it doesn't allow 2 systems of management to coexist in the same projeqtor installation.

In fact, i was thinking about using projeqtor as a classical project management software and as a technical maintenance software (a school as a project, a maintenance manager as a project leader, a school director as a requestor and a worker as a team member). But maybe only GLPI is the solution for that.

babynus wrote: But this may not be very urgent as this has no impact on access rights : even if user A (Project Leader) affects user B with Admin rghts to project P, these rights are available only on project P. User B does not retreive access rights to "all project", like a real Admin.

I agree, this is not urgent. The only disadvantage for the person who is granted as "admin" is to see all the menus which are visible by the admin (without the ability to use it). But it' s not a catastrophy...

More
07 Sep 2016 12:30 #5 by cmarechal
Hi,
the problem remains in V5.5.0. Thus you have now the visibility of the closed profiles !
Attachments:

More
07 Sep 2016 19:48 #6 by babynus
Hi,

I confirm the issue with closed profiles that are displayed. It will be fixed in V5.5.1.

But limitation depending on profile of connected user is working.
If user is project leader, he cannot affect a resource with admin profile.
Pay attention that if user is affected as admin to the project, he is considered as admon "on this projet".

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmarechal

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.