View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Dealing with planned dates - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Dealing with planned dates

More
16 Nov 2017 11:59 #1 by QuentinB
Hello,

New user on ProjeQtor, I'm trying to find the best way to use it and I have an unsolved issu with automatic planned dates.

Here is my need:
- I log activities, mainly as a ToDo list. Some of them can be planned, but many cannot.
- All activities without date are always shown on the current day on the planning (I'm fine with it)
- If I run a planning calculation on my project, all those tasks will receive a start and end date, which is something I dont want.

So my question is: Is there any possibility to avoid the setting of planned dates on this kind of tasks ?
Maybe a specific status on those activities ? or a different type of "ToDo" object that is missed and which can be easily converted to an Activity once planned ?

Regards,
Quentin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2017 15:40 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Dealing with planned dates

So my question is: Is there any possibility to avoid the setting of planned dates on this kind of tasks ?

Not, not for activities.
Use actions instead of activities, wich is exactly the object ot define todo lists.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
21 Nov 2017 16:41 #3 by QuentinB
Replied by QuentinB on topic Dealing with planned dates
Okay, but how do you deal with complex tasks (not recordable as a simple action) that can't start right now ?
For example, your task isn't properly qualified yet, but you need to record it in your system. If i run a planning calculation, the current day will be injected as a start and end date. I dont really understand this behavior.

Can you enlighten me a little more please?

Regards,
Quentin.

More
21 Nov 2017 18:45 #4 by babynus
Several solutions :
- change planning mode to "must not start before validated start date"
- add sependency with prior task
- add fixed milestone and add dependency

But I'm afraid this is not issue with projeqtor usage, it is misunderstanding of project management.

Babynus

More
22 Nov 2017 10:57 #5 by QuentinB
Replied by QuentinB on topic Dealing with planned dates
Hello,

I'm not telling this is a problem with projeQtor. I'm working in a French telecom company and my business unit is currently using Excel to manage tasks on projects. I'm just trying to check if a tool like this software can match with their habits, otherwise, they won't switch to it. So, I have to "play" with some standards of project management :).

By the way, thanks for your answers.

And a little feedback, I think it could be more user friendly if we could directly create, from an Activity, a related object (i.e an Action with a link to the Activity already defined) instead of just linking an existing one.

Regards,
Quentin.

More
22 Nov 2017 14:24 #6 by babynus

And a little feedback, I think it could be more user friendly if we could directly create, from an Activity, a related object (i.e an Action with a link to the Activity already defined) instead of just linking an existing one.

You can !!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

When adding link, click on magnifier ...
B) B)

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.