View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Incorrect use of the calculation planning feature? - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Incorrect use of the calculation planning feature?

More
09 Jul 2018 17:56 #1 by PEG
Dear gentlemen,

Since I'm using ProjeQtor, I wonder if I'm using the calculation button correctly. Here is why below :
- I have created some projects,
- I did assigned people to the tasks created inside projects with time to spend on those tasks
- Those people did input their real work on the task and submitted for validation
- I did validate their imputations for the last 4 weeks

So when I recalculate the planning using beginning of the month as calculation date, I would expect ProjeQt'Or to not re-Schedule some time on week where real work has already been validated. However it does and I do not understand why.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2018 09:07 - 10 Jul 2018 09:09 #2 by alainforma
Good morning,

If work is already done, or if it is planed as done, calculation takes into account this, cause It is the thruth.
Last edit: 10 Jul 2018 09:09 by alainforma.

More
10 Jul 2018 09:34 #3 by PEG

alainforma wrote: Good morning,

If work is already done, or if it is planed as done, calculation takes into account this, cause It is the thruth.

Good morning,

Yes it is fine that it takes into acount the work already done. The question is why Projeqtor is still re-scheduling some assignement on a week where people already input their time, and that time has been validated.

Look to attachement below :
- Ressource has enter his time done, on the activity he was assigned to on week 27 (and also the previous weeks), from 2 to 6 of july.
- The work done has been validated (dark green on monday, tuesday and friday)
- If I'm recalculating the planning on this specific project starting on the 2 nd of july, Projeqt'or is planning some work time for the resource on the wednesday and thursday! Has I have validated his imputations he should not be able to input some work again on this task for the week 27 so Projeqt'or should start replanning from week 28 even if the resource have some available time on week 27.

Thanks for your answers
Attachments:

More
10 Jul 2018 09:42 #4 by babynus
Possibly your resources did not enter work for whole week as possibly they also work on tasks not followed up on ProjeQtOr.
So on Projeqtor point of view, there is still some "availability" if you replan from begioning of month, projeqtor uses this "availability", even if it's in the past.
To avoid this ;
- either replan from current day (of day after last input of real work)
- or define new activity "other activities" or "activities on project out of projeqtor" (on administrative project for instance) and be sure resources complete full work input with data on this line.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEG

More
10 Jul 2018 10:17 #5 by PEG
Dear Babynus,

You are absolutely right, this ressource did some work time on project not schedule inside Projeqt'or. I was thinking the validation of the imputations was locking the possibility for projeqt'or to use this supposed availability.

I think I will create a project "Out of Schedule" as per your advice in order to avoid this behavior.

Thanks for your clarifications!

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.