View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Requirement & Test Sessions - ProjeQtOr

Requirement & Test Sessions

More
19 Jul 2018 15:30 #1 by ashofphoenix
Hi,
I've got a question regarding requirement and Test Session

As a matter of Fact, a Test session can be seen into planning but requirement can't. The only way to 'see' requirement is to attached it to a milestones or any test session, but it's not really my question.

A test session can be considered as a Cascade of Test Cases.. That's fine. You can prepare, every test cases, "join' them to a Test Session, and you have a summary of Cases... Just fine.

However, when you want to define a Requirement as a success of a Test Session, I don't manage to really do it.. You have to take back all test cases onto "list of test cases" of your requirement instead of taking only The Test session as "list of tes cases"...

Is there a way to define requirement either as a list of tests cases or as a Test Session in order not to have to grab again all the Test cases onto requirement definition and by this fact, grabing the summary of test cases of the Test Session "linked"...?

I try to define The requirement "origin" to the test Session but it seems useless.
I try to link my test session to the requirement, but it's only a way to obtain quicker link nut not result of test session ONTO the requirement directly...

BTW, Thanks for this Terrific software development !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2018 17:35 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Requirement & Test Sessions

Is there a way to define requirement either as a list of tests cases or as a Test Session in order not to have to grab again all the Test cases onto requirement definition and by this fact, grabing the summary of test cases of the Test Session "linked"...?

No, such feature does not exist.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
20 Jul 2018 09:34 - 20 Jul 2018 09:35 #3 by ashofphoenix
Could it be planned, because it's obvious that if you create a Full test session with plenty of test cases, you should take the test session as a requirement instead of taking all the test cases individually into the requirement definition ? (otherwise you will have to do it twice with possibles mistakes taking all test cases...)
Last edit: 20 Jul 2018 09:35 by ashofphoenix.

More
20 Jul 2018 09:42 #4 by babynus
I think you describe it the other way round.
It's not a test session that will define tests cases for a requirement (mostly because ofter test session covers several requirements).
But I agree that the idea to define test session from requirements is good.
The idea would be to define test cases on the requirement (as of today) to define test cases covering the requirement.
Then, when you define a test session, you should be able to select the requirement (or requirements) you want to test in the test session, to automatically retreive test cases to play
Request recorded as Ticket #3504

Babynus
The following user(s) said Thank You: ashofphoenix, FVEYE

More
20 Jul 2018 11:08 - 20 Jul 2018 11:54 #5 by ashofphoenix
That sounds nice and it will make it !

Just to talk, and for good understanding you said that a test session cover several requirements

For me I saw a requirement as a "project need" and I would have said that my "project requirement" can be severals test sessions success of my products (as those test sessions can be done in different places (e.g. CEM Test Session / Security Test Session / Hit Test Session .. etc.) and can be realy different

Maybe due to name use, " Test Case ", and as a technician , That will be the start of all.. Then I will do a "Test session" with "Test cases" which will be called for example "fonctionnal test session" , " CEM Test Session", etc. and the Requirement over all this for the project itself will be the success of all those test sessions.

Different points of views but the goal of all this is not to make twice the work so I also understand your approach ;)

BTW, Shoud be nice to be able to define a Milestone as a requirement ???? :)
Last edit: 20 Jul 2018 11:54 by ashofphoenix.

More
20 Jul 2018 20:26 #6 by babynus
The requirements are not the project objective.
The project objective contains requirements.
And each "main" requirement can be divided into several functional and/or technical requirements.

To my point of view (exemple taken on software developement), a requirement can be very large : "Application must control access rights"
or very precise : "field X on screen Y is mandatory"

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.