View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Is the latest 7.2.2 version a stable (production-ready) version? - ProjeQtOr

Is the latest 7.2.2 version a stable (production-ready) version?

More
19 Sep 2018 09:12 #1 by NarayanAras
What is the version numbering scheme used in ProjeQtor?

I thought that the middle digit (e.g. the "1" in version number 7.1.5) indicated whether the version was stable or not.
I further expected that an even digit shows a stable series, and an odd number shows nightly.

But then I noticed that 7.1.5 is a stable release.

This raises my doubts about the 7.2.2.
Is it stable? Moreover, is it production-ready? Can we use our real data with it?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2018 10:16 - 19 Sep 2018 10:17 #2 by papjul
You can check if a version is production-ready on download page: www.projeqtor.org/en/product-en/downloads (stable or release candidate)

Since I have started using ProjeQtOr, from what I understood, ProjeQtOr versions doesn't follow a "known" version scheme.

Let's say we have v7.x.y which is stable. When 7.(x+1).0 comes out, even if it is a release candidate, the stable 7.x becomes EOL (End Of Life) and won't receive any update unless a bug is blocking or security issue. So if you want to benefit from the bug fixes, you need to update to the release candidate unfortunately (which may introduce other bugs). Once the developers consider the 7.(x+1) as bug-free as possible, they release a 7.(x+1).z which is labelled as stable.

There is no LTS (Long Term Support) release, each version follow the previous one.
Last edit: 19 Sep 2018 10:17 by papjul.

More
20 Sep 2018 18:28 - 20 Sep 2018 18:28 #3 by babynus
Thanks papjul for this exact description of release management.

Just an addition about "LTS".
Yes, there is no LTS, but we maintain and bring fixes to older versions for our customers subscribing to our support service.
Community version is maintained only for last branch (and last-1 for blocking issues)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
Last edit: 20 Sep 2018 18:28 by babynus.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.