Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Restore installation - ProjeQtOr

Restore installation

More
29 Apr 2019 12:06 #1 by diegobn
Restore installation was created by diegobn
Hi,

I have installed, configured and properly runned a test instance of ProjeQtor for a couple of months using Xampp 7.3.3.
I have sort of messed up when updating Xampp because I believed I've overwritten the ibdata file (I get an error "the table is not present in the engine" or something), but I have a previous backup of the ProjeQtor folder and the database folder as well, containing all frm and ibd files needed to recover all the tables of the dbase.
My question is the following: is it better to set up a new instance of ProjeQtor from scratch and then recover the dbase (and the htdocs\projeqtor subfolders afterwards), or to go straight to unzip all backups and do all the recovering stuff directly on the folders?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2019 14:20 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Restore installation
Projeqtor code is not linked to the DB files.
You can retore the Database only.

NB : you'd better have dump to backup your db (use mysqldump line commande or MySqlDumper web application of phpMmyAdmin)
Saving / restoring db files is not very reliable (if you change db engine, it won't work)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
29 Apr 2019 15:56 #3 by diegobn
Replied by diegobn on topic Restore installation
I managed to restore the dbase via sql in phpmyadmin: I started a new install from scratch, cancelled all ibd files and then reimported the content using old files.
Now everything works again, I'm currently setting an automated daily dump of the entire dbase.

Thanks for your support.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.