View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Resource Types - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

Resource Types

More
10 Jui 2019 17:09 #1 by Kiroglu
Resource Types was created by Kiroglu
Hi,
In projector we can define many types of elements, except resource types, is that true?
For example, lets suppose that we have several activity types and we want to assign each of those activity types a resource group in which only one real resource will be selected. Resource pool cannot be used for this purpose because it means co-working.
Teams element is designed for different purpose.
I mean that instead of assigning each activity type to each single resource, assigning the activity to a group of resorce from which the projeqtor will select the most available 8ne.
Thanks for your efforts.

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jui 2019 17:17 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Resource Types

In projector we can define many types of elements, except resource types, is that true?

Yes
There is no type for activities because there is not status on resource, so no workflow to define.

I mean that instead of assigning each activity type to each single resource, assigning the activity to a group of resorce from which the projeqtor will select the most available one.

This is IA, and ProjeQtOr is not an IA.
For instance, there is no easy definition of "the most available one".
Moreover, the resolution of such problems are why quantum computer are desgined : seems easy problem to solve, but with so many possibilities (when addinf several tasks) that is cannot be solved by standard algorythms.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
10 Jui 2019 20:35 - 10 Jui 2019 20:38 #3 by Kiroglu
Replied by Kiroglu on topic Resource Types
Thank you very much for your quick reply.
It is not necessary to be an AI solution. I think the program has already existing algorithms for this. After sorting projects and their activities according to priorities etc., when time comes to process activities, i think, the program starts search in resource's calendar for a suitable interval according to the criteira. When it cannot, it produces warning by changing the colour. If it finds it may break, if not, it can jump to the next resource in the list.
İ meean that smple.
Please, don't take this suggestion as an impudence.

Thank you for all your efforts.
Last edit: 10 Jui 2019 20:38 by Kiroglu.

More
10 Jui 2019 20:47 #4 by babynus
Hi,
It's not that simple.
I mean, your first purpose is "assigning the activity to a group of resorce from which the projeqtor will select the most available one."
The real problem is which is the "most available" ?
Example :
A is booked : XXXXX XXXXX _____ XXXXX XXXXX
B is booked : XXXXX XXXXX XX___ ______ ______
Is I have an activity to book on third week for 5 days, A seems the "most available" on the week, but will have no most availability after, and Booking B will have worst planning for this task, but may lead to global better planning as B is free after, and this will allow to book A for another task on week 3.
Moreover, it is still more compicated is A and/or B take part to a pool : then they may be possibly booked through the pool, or it may be another resource of the pool (cannot get information at this point).

So yes, your idea is good, but really very difficult to implement.

Babynus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiroglu

More
10 Jui 2019 22:00 #5 by Kiroglu
Replied by Kiroglu on topic Resource Types
Again thanks a lot for your reply.
And just think of me in this situation. :-)
Assign a type of resource to a type of activity, and another same type of resource to a same type of another activity, and so on. Then calculate activity planning to see the result. Change continuosly the resource assignments among the same type of activities, and see if it fits, or not. So, many manual experimental iterations.
Anyway, i think that's nature of projeqtor i suppose.
Thanks a lot again.

More
11 Jui 2019 10:35 #6 by babynus

Assign a type of resource to a type of activity, and another same type of resource to a same type of another activity, and so on. Then calculate activity planning to see the result. Change continuosly the resource assignments among the same type of activities, and see if it fits, or not. So, many manual experimental iterations.
Anyway, i think that's nature of projeqtor i suppose.

And it is what Pools are designed for.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.