View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - How to check for concurrent activities about a resource - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

How to check for concurrent activities about a resource

More
11 Jui 2019 09:10 - 11 Jui 2019 09:14 #1 by al_rodin
Hello everyone,
as PMO member in a IT Company who has resources and sites across the Europe, I would sponsorship the use of Projeqtor mainly to keep aligned many Projects (basically the Organization Portfolio) in a way that everyone knows who's engaged on which Project and how many time is requested for each resource, but also which interval time (from date to date) is reuqested for each resouce in each Project..
In fact, due to the resource delocalization, It could happen right now that some resource is engaged at the same time in two or more projects from different Pms in different areas, resulting in a potentially dangerous overload (not a real overload, let's say, only a resource reservation).

Obviously, in order to avoid conflicts, resources have limited time (8 hrs or less) and a re-plannig is shared (using usual metrics like ROI or IRR, at Sponsor's charge).

Project Managers at that point usually share information and avoid resource overcharge, but all is made manually. They don't have evidence of this so they must have a weekly meeting in order to re-plan. The goal is to avoid this meeting.
As far as I know, also in Projeqtor there's no evidence for a resource about a POTENTIAL overload. When I say potential overload, I intend that the resource is alvays available in requested Projects according to his STANDARD (so not pre-negotiated) availability (eg.: 100% daily, but it could also be a part-time as i wrote above).
When there are two or more concurrent activities assigned to a resource, in the same Project or in different Projects also, this should lead to a warning (an email, a red dot or whatever) that alerts all involved Project Managers and asks them (and only them) for a conflict resolution. This is my idea.It makes not part of the PM processes, but this warning could be very appreciated. I hope that there's a way to do it whitin the current tool, but It did not reach a solution. The intention here is to help Project Managers to keep resource sharing under control.
Thanks a lot and have a nice day!
Lorenzo
Last edit: 11 Jui 2019 09:14 by al_rodin.

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jui 2019 10:42 #2 by babynus

Project Managers at that point usually share information and avoid resource overcharge, but all is made manually. They don't have evidence of this so they must have a weekly meeting in order to re-plan. The goal is to avoid this meeting.

If you use effort driven planning (assign work to resources), projetor will automatically do this, and never overbooks resources.

As far as I know, also in Projeqtor there's no evidence for a resource about a POTENTIAL overload. When I say potential overload, I intend that the resource is alvays available in requested Projects according to his STANDARD (so not pre-negotiated) availability (eg.: 100% daily, but it could also be a part-time as i wrote above).

This case works fine in Projeqtor. Same resource can take part in several projects, his availability (from cazpacity and already booked projects) will always be taken into account.

When there are two or more concurrent activities assigned to a resource, in the same Project or in different Projects also, this should lead to a warning (an email, a red dot or whatever) that alerts all involved Project Managers and asks them (and only them) for a conflict resolution.

I guess you think about it because you don't have effort driven planning. Try and assign work to resources and see the result...

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
11 Jui 2019 11:01 #3 by al_rodin
Hi babynus,
Thanks for your very prompt answer!

> This case works fine in Projeqtor. Same resource can take part in several projects, his availability (from cazpacity and already booked projects) will always be taken into account.
Ok. I will see how to. Acually I already assigned work to resources and I intentionally created overlapping, but that did not work. I mean, I maybe forgot something because even if I launch planning, the "today" voice that says "create some planning" does not get green, so it seems that I did not create any plan, but this is maybe not true. See attachment. Maybe I miss something.
Thanks a lot!
Lorenzo
Attachments:

More
11 Jui 2019 11:09 #4 by babynus
If you assigned some work on activities to resources, possibly you just forgot to "run planning calculation".

Babynus
Attachments:

More
11 Jui 2019 11:10 #5 by al_rodin

More
11 Jui 2019 11:16 #6 by babynus
Then you don't have assigned work.
Assigned work + Planning calculation = Planned work exist
Planned work exist => Create some planning is green.

Please show a planning and the detail of an activity (especially the assignement and progress part)

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.