View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] access rights interactions; some Profiles not available on Users - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

[SOLVED] access rights interactions; some Profiles not available on Users

More
17 Sep 2019 19:27 #1 by ggrelot
Hello, Projeqtor is feature-rich and customizable with respect to organizational roles but the latter seems to require careful interdependency management.

I - As an Administrator, I'm unsure about several interactions between various access rights/properties, as follows with my "best-guess" understanding after the manual when I have one.

1) global vs project-wise profiles. I assume the global profile to be the "default" for to-be-assigned projects AND to give "global access" rights if so granted on project-dependent data; whereas the project-wise profile possibly grants increased rights on this project's data but so encapsulated as to have no effect in other projects nor in global functions.

2) effect of Profile codes. The manual suggests there are two "special" profile codes ADM & PL ; but I didn't find what behavior they imply.

3) Profiles access vs items Manager. How do "responsible for" & "own projects" access modes interact with the "manager" property on Projects/Organizations/Teams on the one hand, with special Profile codes ('PL' at least) on the other?
How can I get a Team or Org manager to be able to create/edit assignments of his "own" Resources on Projects in his Organization ?

4) Access to forms vs to data. I understand Form access to be a pure GUI filter, independent from rights on data objects managed through each screen.

5) Project data vs Specific access. Is there a priority or cumulative requirement between specific access rights like project allocation, task assignment, real work input, task prioritization, planning calculation, on the one hand (manual.projeqtor.org/html_en/AccessRights.html#specific-access); and "project data" modification rights on project, activities, resources, on the other hand? E.g., do I need to be allowed to modify project activites and/or resources to be able to assign the latter to the former?

6) Resource vs Pool allocation to Projects. Let a Pool be allocated to a Project; if any or all individual Resources included in the Pool are not allocated, what will be the Pool available resource capacities taken into account for an activity assignment in the Project?

II - I customized & added some profiles and their acces rights, as I would like to use some transversal profiles like Directors or Department heads with limited rights over all projects in their Organization. However, as a result of my misunderstandings, I'm currently unable to change from Administrator to any other profile on current admin users, nor to create a User with any other profile than Admin or Guest. Yet, What could I get wrong?

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2019 23:52 #2 by babynus

1) global vs project-wise profiles. I assume the global profile to be the "default" for to-be-assigned projects AND to give "global access" rights if so granted on project-dependent data; whereas the project-wise profile possibly grants increased rights on this project's data but so encapsulated as to have no effect in other projects nor in global functions.

Yes you are right.
Just in addition, project level profile can decrease rights on a project.
For instance you can allocate an admin with guest profile on a project to reduce his rights on this project.
Also rights at project level are inherited (recursively) to sub-projects.

2) effect of Profile codes. The manual suggests there are two "special" profile codes ADM & PL ; but I didn't find what behavior they imply.

ADM identifies an 'Admin' profile. Only admins can coonect when application is closed (to reopen it) or during migration
PL is for Project Leader. When you send an email to Project Leader, it selects all resources allocated to the project with profiles having coee PL

3) Profiles access vs items Manager. How do "responsible for" & "own projects" access modes interact with the "manager" property on Projects/Organizations/Teams on the one hand, with special Profile codes ('PL' at least) on the other?

It just does not. Project manager is just informative or to send email. It does not manage rights.
"Responsible for" gives acces to items (tickets, activities) the resource is name reponsible.
"Own projects" means all projects he is allocated to.

How can I get a Team or Org manager to be able to create/edit assignments of his "own" Resources on Projects in his Organization ?

You cannot through "manager"? You must allocate the resource to the project. Also Organization is not used to manage rights except for resource list visibility.

4) Access to forms vs to data. I understand Form access to be a pure GUI filter, independent from rights on data objects managed through each screen.

Yes, but not only. No access to form will mean no acces right, whatever other options. This will also be applied to non GUI interfaces (import, API)

5) Project data vs Specific access. Is there a priority or cumulative requirement between specific access rights like project allocation, task assignment, real work input, task prioritization, planning calculation, on the one hand ( manual.projeqtor.org/html_en/AccessRights.html#specific-access ); and "project data" modification rights on project, activities, resources, on the other hand?

Specific acces give additional restriction. For instance you can define that a profile can update activities (acces to data) but cannot change validated data (work, cost, start, end). THis will allow tema members to change result of activity but not the "reference" data.

E.g., do I need to be allowed to modify project activites and/or resources to be able to assign the latter to the former?

Yes, you need to be allowed to update activities (but not to update resource) to assign resource to activity. Assignment changes the activity (but does not change the resource)

6) Resource vs Pool allocation to Projects. Let a Pool be allocated to a Project; if any or all individual Resources included in the Pool are not allocated, what will be the Pool available resource capacities taken into account for an activity assignment in the Project?

The sum of capacities of the resources allocated to the pool. You don't need to allocate resources individually if you don't want to plan them individually and give then access to data of the project.
For instance for support project, support team can be allocated as a pool and not individually. But then resources can enter work on activities of the pool, but not see or update items of the project.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
19 Sep 2019 23:55 #3 by babynus

II - I customized & added some profiles and their acces rights, as I would like to use some transversal profiles like Directors or Department heads with limited rights over all projects in their Organization. However, as a result of my misunderstandings, I'm currently unable to change from Administrator to any other profile on current admin users, nor to create a User with any other profile than Admin or Guest. Yet, What could I get wrong?

As rights cannot be organization managed, you will need to describe organizations as Projects (fake projects).
Real projects will be sub-projects of these 'organization' projects.
Then you can describe any organization hierarchy, and define acees rights at any level of the hierarchy (as rights are recursively inherited to all sub-projects)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
20 Sep 2019 00:14 #4 by ggrelot

babynus wrote: As rights cannot be organization managed, you will need to describe organizations as Projects (fake projects).
Real projects will be sub-projects of these 'organization' projects.
Then you can describe any organization hierarchy, and define acees rights at any level of the hierarchy (as rights are recursively inherited to all sub-projects)

Thanks for the idea, I hadn't considered such a way.
On my profile changes impairment, I just found the root cause: I seemingly may only assign or reassign to any user a Profile whose rank is ordinally > to my own. Now I know that Administrator profile had better have "1" as a rank ;-)
I vaguely remember having read something about the matter in the forum but don't remember seeing this point in the manual, though.

Thanks for the explanations about my various points of section I, too, it's much clearer to me now. I'll just need to test a bit more about the 4) as there are various ways (and therefore various screens) towards edition of certain planning objects.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.