View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Coloring of activities based on resources - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

Coloring of activities based on resources

More
22 Avr 2024 14:26 #1 by mckim
I'm having trouble understanding the behavior of the coloring of activities with respect to resource assignments. Specifically, activities are still showing as orange when I expect them to be green.

Here's my setup to demonstrate the behavior (my real-world case is more complicated with more resources and activities):
- 1 resource, assigned to the project at 100%.
- 2 activities, both set as Duration Driven because they must be completed during a certain timeframe. Duration is 7 days.
- The resource is assigned to both activities at a rate of 20%.

When I set the assigned days to the full duration (7 days) on both assignments, one activity is colored green on the Planning Gantt chart, and the other is colored orange. This does not seem correct, since the resource is only assigned for a total of 40%, less than the 100% allocation to the project.

When I change the assigned days to half the duration (3.5 days) on both assignments, both activities are colored green. This works whether the rate on the activity assignment is set to 50% or 100%.

I'd expect that in both these cases, both activities should be colored green.  Am I misunderstanding something?

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Avr 2024 20:25 #2 by babynus

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
27 Avr 2024 21:35 #3 by mckim
Yes, I already read that section of the manual before I asked the question. Perhaps I should have stated that.

Why is one task getting colored green and the other orange? From what I can see, they are configured and assigned exactly the same.

More
28 Avr 2024 20:17 #4 by babynus
Orange means the planning requires some overbooking.
So the resource may be used on another task on same period

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.