View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Overspent days in planned days - Page 2 - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

Overspent days in planned days

More
15 Fév 2016 18:07 - 15 Fév 2016 18:08 #7 by Guilhem

babynus wrote: Why have it on planning element as you have it on Activity ?
(this is a 1on1 link between both)

Sorry, rather in in PlannedWork or in Work table, so to have the flag set on specific days (or portion of days)
Last edit: 15 Fév 2016 18:08 by Guilhem.

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Fév 2016 18:18 #8 by babynus
Tagging every day will not be a good idea I think (very heavy and time consuming in calculation, update and read).
I don't see an "easy" way to do what you expect (and don't know any tool that tries to do this)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
17 Fév 2016 15:16 #9 by Guilhem
Would it be easier to have 1 field in work and plannedwork table that would indicate the progress in the activity ? (so for Activities only)
Progress in number of days would be ok : in an entry of work/plannedwork table, one field would indicate the number of days already done or planned before this planned or worked day.

Example :
An activity is assigned for 5 days, and the following lines are created in plannedwork :
day 1 : progress=0
day 2 : progress=1
day 3 : progress=2 (only 0.5d planned on that day)
day 4 : progress=2.5
day 5 : progress=3.5
day 6 : progress=4.5 (only 0.5d planned on that day)

Would it be easier to do ?

The alternative, for me, would be to add extra code in the report : do a select for each activity that I want to display, to retrieve all days planned for this activity and do my own calculation to find when we reach the number of validated work. But this would be very time consuming on large reports.

Note : this is a use case we have, and I also saw this exact kind of reporting in Sopra. A lot of other companies must think this way too probably.
The KPI is : the number of "billed days" each month (or week)
And by "billed days", it means : days spent on activities billed to the client. So if only 5 days have been sold, the 6th days is considered as non billable. In Sopra those extra days are called TNF (Temps Non Facturé)

More
17 Fév 2016 15:50 #10 by babynus
What you propose will not work.
It will if you enter days correclty day by day and never enter work backward.
But in real life (yes ProjeQtOr is for real life B) ) you often store
on day 1
day 1 : 1
on day 2
day 1 : 1
day 2 : 0.5
on day 3
day 1 : 0.5 (I made a mistake)
day 2 : 1
day 3 : 1

But instead of thinging of the solution, what exactly do you need ?
A display of "extra worked days" in red.
For sure it will not be done on Gantt : this display is already heavy to draw, and will not be completed with such details.
So maybe you need a specific report.

But if you just need the "TNF" information, it is just a negative margin. So data is displayed and highlighted.

Babynus

More
17 Fév 2016 16:48 #11 by Guilhem

babynus wrote: What you propose will not work.
It will if you enter days correclty day by day and never enter work backward.

OK that's true :-/

babynus wrote: But instead of thinging of the solution, what exactly do you need ?
A display of "extra worked days" in red.
For sure it will not be done on Gantt : this display is already heavy to draw, and will not be completed with such details.
So maybe you need a specific report.

But if you just need the "TNF" information, it is just a negative margin. So data is displayed and highlighted.

Yes we already have various interesting project reports, and in particular reassessed work vs validated work. That is great for project management.

But we need a view that is more oriented on the team management : work "produced" by the team every month.
So the important KPI is : the "billed days" per month and this is what is difficult

Here is the team view that I try to build for each month :

The "billable" info is what I need to measure, and this is directly linked to the number of "overspent days" in the month.
Attachments:

More
17 Fév 2016 17:25 #12 by babynus
In mt understanding, what you try to do is very complex : count non billed days on elementary task level.
This may lead to error about non billable globally on project.

Exemple : Project A with 2 tasks : T1 and T2.
Project A : command = 10 days
T1 = 5 days to bill
T2 = 5 days to bill
If you have really spend
T1 = 7 days
T2 = 4 days
If you loose 2 days on T1, and win 1 day on T2.
Your way to count will tell 2 days not billable.
But in fact only 1 is lost...

So it's easy to tell you're loosing 1 day, but it's quite impossible (IMO) to tell on witch month you loosed this day.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.