View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] What should be the steps I should follow to best use ProjeQtOr? - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

[SOLVED] What should be the steps I should follow to best use ProjeQtOr?

More
25 Mar 2016 10:24 - 25 Mar 2016 10:25 #1 by sagar.toshniwal
I have finally got ProjeQtOr started... Now I am confused to see so many menus and possibilities. I am still trying to figure out where do I start so that I can best use this wonderful tool. Below is what I currently aim to do:
(1) I have a project management process which I intend to automate using ProjeQtOr. It has these standard project lifecycle phases:
[a] Initiate -- some users can raise a project requirement - from any of our 5 functions/ departments.
Approve - This requirement should be validated and approved by a Head of Function.
[c] Assign to Project Leader - After approval, this project requirement is assigned to a Project Leader so that he can prioritize as required.
[d] Assign to design & development team -- The project leader assigns to business analyst and then developer.
[e] Development - The developer carries out development activities.
[f] Integration Testing - Tester is assigned and carries out testing.
[g] User Acceptance Testing - The user (who has raised the project requirement) then carries out his part of testing.
[h] Deployment & Closure - Once user acceptance testing is successful, the project is deployed in production and marked as Completed.

(2) As I am following a workflow that consists of Approvals and Iterative steps, I want your help and guidance on how exactly I can implement this kind of thing in ProjeQtOr.

Any and all assistance is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I am an Eagle. On a mission to help those who want to help themselves...
Last edit: 25 Mar 2016 10:25 by sagar.toshniwal.

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2016 10:45 #2 by babynus

I have finally got ProjeQtOr started... Now I am confused to see so many menus and possibilities

May be confusing as you connect as Admin, with acces to every screen. :sick:
You can parameter (Parameters > Habilitations > Access to screens) which screen will be visible for each profile. :cheer:
Try and create a project member user and connect with this login : you'll see fewer menus ;)

a) Use of Tickets should be a good idea
b) Use status, with workflow management to define which profile can approve Ticket
c) Copy Ticket into An activity, an possibly change project, or create new project from Ticket and link Ticket as Origin (you can copy a Project Template with standard structure to ease creation of project)
d) Assign resources to activity
e) Normal lifecycle for activities
f) Testing can be simply an Activity or can be managed through Test Sessions (if you manage test cases into ProjeQtOr)
g) Acceptance may be an activity
h) Normal lifecycle for Project

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: sagar.toshniwal

More
25 Mar 2016 12:07 #3 by sagar.toshniwal
Yes, I understood that I am the Admin and can see everything... So getting confused is by design! :P

Anyway, I have set access rights to few users and could figure out smaller bunch of actions to do on the site... That's great!

You have mentioned

a) Use of Tickets should be a good idea

I tried that. But to raise a ticket, it is asking "Project Name" as a mandatory input. Obviously, project is required. But I have just started the tool - am I supposed to create projects first? Does such project need to be in "Done" or Completed stage so that I can raise Tickets under this?

More
25 Mar 2016 12:17 #4 by babynus
Yes, you have to create Project First.
ProjeQtOr is a project management tool, so everything is linked to a project.
Moreover, access rights are project driven.

But you can create a "fake" project for incoming tickets if you don't want to define project at first ;)

Babynus

More
25 Mar 2016 12:36 #5 by sagar.toshniwal
This is quite helpful. I got it going... Thanks.

One more request: I know ProjeQtOr has immense power - I am experiencing the potential step-by-step... Can I request you to please share with a "Flowchart" that tells the lifecycle steps a project or ticket passes through Projeqtor, right from the time it is raised till the time it is completed.
For example, first it is Raised, then it is assigned to Approver 1. Post approval, it is sent to person 2, and so on. I think this information will help me design my workflow (explained in my original post in this thread) in a better and appropriate way. I hope you do help.

More
25 Mar 2016 16:12 #6 by babynus
ProjeQtOr will not force the workflow, like Jira will do.
You will design your own workflows, that can differ for tickets and for activities, and than can even differ depending on the type (Support ticket may not follow same workflow as Anolamy ticket or Changez request tickets)

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.