View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Some advice on complex expense management - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

Some advice on complex expense management

More
31 Mar 2016 12:41 #1 by Eugenio
Hello.
I must say that I am trying to use this exceptional PM software to manage complex programs of projects in the construction industry.
In order to manage the economic and financial part of the individual projects and then of the program, I would need to manage both the incomes, but especially the expenses, ie the many payments that, as Main Contractor, my company should carry out to the many suppliers and sub-contractors, in addition to its own employes, involved in the various projects.
As ProjeQtOr very thoroughly handles the financial part of the project incomes (requests for quotations, orders, invoices, payment deadlines, etc.), but more approximately that relating to project expenses, I would like to know if with some "artifice" or "forcing" I could somehow use its "incomes management" just to manage the expenses, which for my programs/projects are much more numerous and significant.
Obviously, all with the aim to check that the actual cost of the project (but especially the cash flows) are always within those budgeted and the budgets allocated for the activities/phases/projects/program (which are different from the estimation computations referred to the offer).
In this regard, I would also like to know how I can define budgets in ProjeQtOr for the various parts of the project.

In any case, I would appreciate any advice or suggestion on the best way to address this my need.
Thanks in advance

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2016 14:14 #2 by babynus
Yes, you can use the income objects to manage outcomes, but you must take care that Orders zare used to define the budget : costs defined on Orders are summed up on validated cost of the project.
Budget of the project is the validated cost of the project, and can be entered on several levels (on sub-projects, on activities)
Hope this hleps.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
31 Mar 2016 14:14 #3 by babynus
Yes, you can use the income objects to manage outcomes, but you must take care that Orders zare used to define the budget : costs defined on Orders are summed up on validated cost of the project.
Budget of the project is the validated cost of the project, and can be entered on several levels (on sub-projects, on activities)
Hope this helps.

Babynus

More
02 Avr 2016 15:51 #4 by Eugenio
Hi,
thanks for the interesting answer.
I have been trying to do some test using objects provided for Incomes (Quotations, Orders, Bills, Payements) to manage the expenses of the project ... but it is definitely more complicated and perhaps useless, because the payments that I record, then do not come in addition to other expenses incurred and thus increasing the real costs of the project. Or there is a tip or trick that I don't know?
At the end, also reading the interesting post of Keloniton (who would like to use ProjeQtOr in an industry with spending management needs similar to my case), I think that might be interesting and useful for many other fields, to extend the detail and the power of all the "elements" (Quotations, Orders, Terms, Bills and Payements) currently only provided for Incomes, also to the Project/Program Expenses.
Do you think that might be possible one day, perhaps not too far?

Finally, I would like to report a little bug in the management of the Expenses Details Types, because it seems not to work the flag present in the mask to indicate whether the entered detail item should be considered only for project expenses, only for the individual costs or both. In fact, in the choice of the type of expense detail in the combos of Expense Detail Lines (both individual and Project) there are always all of the detail entries defined, regardless of the flag assigned.

Greetings

More
02 Avr 2016 16:00 #5 by babynus
It is planned in near furute to extend Expense object to give it same detail level as Order, to become a real "Purchase order" item.
For others, it may also come, but later.

Issue about expense detail type recorded as Ticket #2032.

Babynus

More
02 Avr 2016 16:37 #6 by Eugenio
Thanks for... immediate replay.
I am glad to know that there are already plans to introduce the concept of "Purchase order" in the near future... I think it's really useful and important for other kind of projects (pratically not just IT).
But, without extend to much the details of expense management (to quotations, terms, etc), I am sure it would be sufficient just to manage the received bills and correspondent payements (also with a simple flag on the bill). In this way, it would be also possible to fully use the power of new "Financial Gallery"...

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.