View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Question regarding Checklists - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

[SOLVED] Question regarding Checklists

More
11 Mai 2016 21:19 #1 by gduran
I had the impression that the creation of a certain checklist would result in a reusable template. Usable over and over again. I can't figure out whether this is the case or I'm doing something wrong.
Am I right that a Checklist should be used as a linked element to a project or product?
As a test I've created 1 Checklist and linked it to two different projects (#1 and #2). Once filled in at project #1, project #2 show the results as being applied within project#1. This makes me believe a Checklist only can be used once.
Hope I'm doing something wrong here. The manual isn't too clear about this. I assume this is the same for Test cases and Test sessions.

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mai 2016 15:15 #2 by babynus

As a test I've created 1 Checklist

Can you show print screen ?

and linked it to two different projects (#1 and #2)

How did you do that (IMO it's not possible)

Hope I'm doing something wrong here.

I guess so.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
12 Mai 2016 16:15 - 12 Mai 2016 16:21 #3 by gduran
Herewith a screenshot of Project#2 and a screenshot of Project#3.
In both Beslissing #1 / Checklijst1 are linked.
If I follow the hyperlink screenshot Beslissing_#1(Checklijst#1).png is shown.
Here you can see that both Project#2 and Project#3 are linked to this "Beslissing" (Decision)
Checklijst#1 (Checklist#1) is shown in the last screenshot.
Hope that clarifies...

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Mai 2016 16:21 by gduran.

More
12 Mai 2016 16:37 #4 by babynus
In your case, you defined a Checklist template for decisions (Beslissing) of type functional.
So when you create a decision, you can fill in the checklist for the decision. There is one checklist for 1 desicion. It is what you've done for decision "Checklijst#1"/

If you then link decision "Checklijst#1" to several projects, all projects will refer to same item, so same checklist.
If you want to have several checklists, you need several decisions.
But if you wish to have a checklist for each project, it's more easy to define a Checklist Definition for Project element...

Babynus

More
12 Mai 2016 17:15 #5 by gduran
So the solution to this problem is to create every time when needed a separate Checklist.
I plan to use Checklists very often and a lot should be based on the same template. Now I understand this is not possible. I also discovered that it's also not possible to copy a certain Checklist layout into a new Checklist. Hence the question regarding the possibility to define Checklists templates which can be used unlimited in various places. Thus having a Checklist template to create a final to use and unique Checklist from.
Some background on the issue:
We do a lot Printed Circuit Board Design for almost all our development projects. One project easily can contain various PCB's but all require the same type of checklist while this checklist easily can contain up to 30 of the same lines. It's not attractive nor productive if every time this checklist needs to be created from scratch. So what I envision is that the "Add Element" to a project, sub-project,Product or Component I'll get the option to choose a Checklist as an element and than the question to either "Create new", or "Create from template". Obviously giving this newly made Checklist it's own unique ID but still baring the same name so it's clear to the User what this Checklist is all about. Currently a Checklist does not have a name but just an ID.

More
12 Mai 2016 17:22 #6 by babynus

So the solution to this problem is to create every time when needed a separate Checklist.

No, the definition of the checklist can be unique, but must be defined to correct element type (Project or Decision). Then each item (Project or Decision) will have its own values fir the checklist.

For instance, in your case, if you follow each Printed Circuit Board Design as an activity, you can define a checklist definition for Activity.
Then, each activity will manage own values for the checklist.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.