View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Get Notification / eMail Notes Are Added to an Item - ProjeQtOr

Get Notification / eMail Notes Are Added to an Item

More
13 May 2019 16:13 #1 by gohrner
I'm still trying ProjeQtOr (v7.4.3) to check if it might fulfil our needs.

Previously I've mainly used Bugzilla and JIRA for issue tracking only.

I imagined ProjeQtOr to take their role for internal projects and pure administrative issues we need to manage.

However one big difference in the usage concept is that both Bugzilla and JIRA seem to be centered around issue comments, which are also the most prominently displayed part of an issue if you open it in a browser.

From my experience, those comments are the most heavily used section in those tools as well.

As far as I understood, the ProjeQtOr counterpart are Notes. Those are much less prominently displayed than in the aforementioned counterparts. However it's possible to open a sidebar which shows an item's Notes list, which more or less does the job for me.

I was not able to find any way to be notified if new Notes are added.

Once or twice I stumbled across some kind of "Item Subscription" in the Forum, but a search for "Subscribe" or "Watch Item" does not yield any concrete results. Neither does a corresponding search in the online documentation.

Is there a way to subscribe to an Item like a Ticket such that I get notifications about all future Comments and State Changes? Is there also a way to enable this Subscription automatically in case of certain actions, i.e. if I add a new Note myself, I'm also subscribed to get notified about future Notes by other users, and if an Item is Assigned to me, I also get Subscribed automatically?

If there is any documentation about how to deal with this, I'm happy to be directed there - I wasn't able to find anything appropriate neither with Google nor the web site's search feature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2019 19:24 #2 by babynus

I'm still trying ProjeQtOr (v7.4.3) to check if it might fulfil our needs.

Please migrate to V7.4.4, which is latest patch of V7.4

I was not able to find any way to be notified if new Notes are added.

Menu Automations / Emails on events

Is there a way to subscribe to an Item like a Ticket such that I get notifications about all future Comments and State Changes?

When defining emails on events, you will select who will feceive the email : the responsible, the requestor, or possibly any subscriber.
Then you can subscribe to any item (use icon lokking like RSS).
Also not that you can subscribe to a project too "automatically" subscribe to all items of the project.

If there is any documentation about how to deal with this, I'm happy to be directed there

Use F1 key to open user manual, then look for Automation or Email on events

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
13 May 2019 23:26 #3 by gohrner
Thanks for your quick reply, the "email on event" feature looks pretty powerful!

Is there a way to subscribe to an Item like a Ticket such that I get notifications about all future Comments and State Changes?

When defining emails on events, you will select who will feceive the email : the responsible, the requestor, or possibly any subscriber.
Then you can subscribe to any item (use icon lokking like RSS).

I wondered about this icon all the time as I found a screenshot in the forum showing it, but I was not able to find it anywhere in the UI.

Now I found a description about it in the F1 user guide and noticed that it's actually available in the Item icons bar if I'm logged in as Administrator.

It is *not* shown if I log in with my regular user, however. I could not find any information in the user guide about how to enable it or which permission or setting or whatever I have to adjust to enable this icon for regular users...

Sorry, if I'm sounding a bit stupid, but somehow this is non-obvious to me and ProjeQtOr has lots of features, which cause specific ones to be hidden a bit.

Also not that you can subscribe to a project too "automatically" subscribe to all items of the project.

Ok, that's interesting, thanks for this hint.

If there is any documentation about how to deal with this, I'm happy to be directed there

Use F1 key to open user manual, then look for Automation or Email on events

Ah, actually I did not expect the integrated manual to differ much from the one one the web site, but the integrated one is much more recent. (BTW, it calls itself manual version 7.1.4 in the window title bar, but 7.2 on the start page. The ProjeQtOr version currently is 7.4.3.)

The integrated manual actually has a screenshot for the "Subscribe" feature while the one on the web site does not yet have it.

I could not find information about how to enable the "Subscribe" feature for individual users, though.

More
14 May 2019 10:22 #4 by babynus

I could not find any information in the user guide about how to enable it or which permission or setting or whatever I have to adjust to enable this icon for regular users...

Menu Access rights / Access to forms
There are two screen : "emails on events" and "email on events per projet"
First is dedicated to admin to configure emails sending for any project, second is dedicated to project leaders, to configure additions sending for their projects.

The integrated manual actually has a screenshot for the "Subscribe" feature while the one on the web site does not yet have it.

You are right, manual on website was for V6.1.
I updated it to lastest version (manual is not up to date and lastest is for V7.2)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
17 May 2019 14:22 #5 by gohrner
Mh, I had a look at the "Access Rights" screen, but it is still not obvious to me - which permission exactly do I have to activate such that a normal Team Member can see the "Subscribe" button for an Item? (As asked in my previous question.)

Sorry if I'm a bit slow to get it, but in the Access Rights / Access to Forms screen I have entries like "Mails nach Statusänderungen" (mails on state changes) or "Ereignisse für Mail-Versand je Projekt" (events for notification mails per project), but I do not see the relation to the "Subscribe" button for a normal Project Member?

More
17 May 2019 17:45 #6 by alainforma
HI
Go to specific access as shown into this attachment, then choose an option for the team member profile.
Regards.
Attachments:

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.