View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - The cost of the resource in activity assignment? - Page 3 - ProjeQtOr

The cost of the resource in activity assignment?

More
23 Feb 2011 06:49 #13 by Guest
Hi,

Will the assignment update the cost, too?
I found if I add one cost to the resource, for example, start from 2011/2/15 manager cost as 150.00. Previous manager cost (before 2011/2/15) is 100.00 per hour.
In the pictures I sent you in previous mail, the activity 'real'/'planned'/'left' cost did update automatically. But the cost of the functionality in the activity resource assignment (it's read only) is not updated. It is still 100.

I am also curious about the 'real' cost in the activity. It was changed to 4500 (18x100 + 18x150). The activity was validated from 2/21 to 2/25
In 'real work allocation', for the two assignments of this activity, I entered
2/21 2/22
1) 8 10
2) 3 15

The assigned work/cost keeps 35/3,500.
The planned cost was changed to 5550 (work: 43)
The real cost was changed to 4500 (work: 36)
The left cost was changed to 1050 (work: 7)

It was not updated accordingly to the resource cost 'start date'. Is it because I entered the 'real work allocation' first and then add resource cost later?
Please help.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Selina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2011 11:11 #14 by babynus

Will the assignmnt update the cost, too?

Data displayed in the assignement will impact the assigned cost.

I found if I add one cost to the resource, for example, start from 2011/2/15 manager cost as 150.00. Previous manager cost (before 2011/2/15) is 100.00 per hour.
In the pictures I sent you in previous mail, the activity 'real'/'planned'/'left' cost did update automatically. But the cost of the functionality in the activity resource assignment (it's read only) is not updated. It is still 100.

Data displayed in the assignement is the initial cost, used to calculate assigned (initial) cost.
New cost is stored but not displayed (could be an evolution), and used to calculate :
- real cost : depending on start date of new cost, real cost is updated on correct dates
- left cost : left cost always uses newest cost for the function, even if the start date for the new cost is in the future
- planned cost = real cost + left cost

I am also curious about the 'real' cost in the activity. It was changed to 4500 (18x100 + 18x150). The activity was validated from 2/21 to 2/25
In 'real work allocation', for the two assignments of this activity, I entered
2/21 2/22
1) 8 10
2) 3 15

I did the same in V1.5.5 and got the correct value of 5400 (36x150).
In the pictures you sent, as previously noticed, one assignment has no function (bug now fixed to avoid this issue).
So the update could not be dispatched to this line.
First correct the assignment and then do it again : deleted the new cost for the resource, and create it again.
All things should get in place.

The assigned work/cost keeps 35/3,500.
The planned cost was changed to 5550 (work: 43)
The real cost was changed to 4500 (work: 36)
The left cost was changed to 1050 (work: 7)

Assigned work and cost is not changed, and it is normal, as it is the inital values.
Left cost = 1050 = 7*150 is correct.
Real cost = 4500 => should be 5400 (see above)
Planned cost = Left cost + Real cost = 5550 is correct (except for the issue on real value)

It was not updated accordingly to the resource cost 'start date'. Is it because I entered the 'real work allocation' first and then add resource cost later?

Yet it was !
You did it correctly : it is correct to change a cost value after having entered some real work. It's real life !

Just fix the missing function on the assignment and you're in.

IMPORTANT
If you enter resource work in "hours", you then need to set the capacity of your resources = number of work hours a day.
Otherwise planning will be wrong, as it will plan daily work up to capacity.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
24 Feb 2011 11:05 #15 by Guest
Hi,

It works now after I rearrange the cost of the resource.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,
Selina

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.