View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - The cost of the resource in activity assignment? - Page 2 - ProjeQtOr

The cost of the resource in activity assignment?

More
21 Feb 2011 02:46 #7 by Guest
Hi,

I tried the cost assignment and real work allocation with V1.5.4. I treat the cost as 'hourly rate' ex. $100 per hour
I input 10 & 15 hours for work overtime and saved. The upper limit for each input box should be 24 hours if I treat it as working hours, right?
After saved, I switched to activity page to see the change. Both was changed to 9.99
Then I switched back to real work allocation, the real work allocation was also changed.
Please help.

ps. I also sent pictures to the email address

Best Regards,
Selina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2011 10:06 #8 by babynus
As work was initialiy planned to store 'day' based work, database format was designed to restrictively as number(3,2).
Just change the format of "work" in the "work" table will correct the issue, for instance to number(5,2).

This will be included in V1.6.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
22 Feb 2011 01:23 #9 by Guest
Hi,

I changed the format to 5,2 and the overtime can be saved as 10 and 15.
Then I switched to activity page.
The planned work/cost : 35/2,500
The left work/cost : 10/0

I was wonder if the results are correct.

Please help. Thanks.

ps. I sent pictures to the email address again.

Best Regards,
Selina

More
22 Feb 2011 10:25 #10 by babynus
You are still facing the bug #308, leading to error calculation of left work (and so planned work).
To correct it, you must do the following :
- modify de Assignment of "Fred Lin" with no function (the first line) : click on the pencil icon
- set a function to this assignment : the daily cost should automatically update
- save the changes to the assignement
- go to the "real cost allocation" and update a value to force recalculation of left work.
This must be done to each Assignment with no function.

Babynus

More
22 Feb 2011 10:46 #11 by Guest
Hi,
It's weird that I did assign functionality to 'Fred Lin' for two assignments (please see my pictures below sent on 2011/2/21)
Then I just modify the database 'work' and one functionality disappeared. Anyway, I add another activity and tried. It's ok now.

BTW, you said I can modify the assignments, actually, after I input the working hour number in 'real work allocation' and switched back to activity page,
though I did see 'pencil' of the assignment and clicked it, I can't modify the functionality and the resource name. Is it the correct behavior?
Thanks for help.

Best Regards,
Selina

More
22 Feb 2011 12:07 #12 by babynus
No, you cannot change "Resource" and "Function" in the assignment when real work exists on the assigment.
But you can change cost of the resource for the fonction.

For instance, you start your project whith resource A at 100$.
You add assignments for this resource and he starts working : so he inputs real work, giving real cost. OK.
Next month, resource A get a pay rise (he's a good worker) and his cost is now 110$ for the same function.
You just have to enter the new cost for the resource / function, with the good starting date (let's say date D).
If the resource A has entered some cost on dates between date D and current day, the real cost is automatically updated.
The left cost (and planned cost), is also updated, taking into account the new cost.

I hope I was clear.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.