View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Big problem : planning not working as expected - not able to plan tasks - ProjeQtOr

Big problem : planning not working as expected - not able to plan tasks

More
02 Mar 2016 15:19 #1 by louisc
Hello,

I've got a problem with planning. I have defined a main project and subprojects, assigned resources to the project and tasks with dates and rates compatible with the workload validated. I checked also that globally no resource is assigned at more than 100% on all projects.
However, when I try to calculate planning for the project (the goal is to get the workload assigned so each resource gets its assignation and manager can see resource availability in the reports), the tasks where resources are assigned work cannot be planned with an error.

Here is an example of error found :

In this example, the green tasks have resources in assignation with no workload assigned, tasks in purple have at least 1 resource with workload assigned. In this case, all tasks with resources with workload assigned are planned at a date in the future, and only planned on 1 day while all tasks should be running on multiple days.

No problem is found until at least 1 resource gets assigned work in a task. But without that assignation, there is no possibility to plan anything correctly.

Do you have any clue on how to solve this problem ? I may have done something wrong but I have made tests on a test server without this kind of problem before, so I'm a little bit lost.

Thanks a lot !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2016 15:46 #2 by babynus
You way to plan your projects is correct :woohoo:

But you have a message that says that some activities cannot be planned : it is all about affectation start and (more likely) end dates.
This message is displayed when you have a resource that will leave project before finishing his tasks.
Let's explain with an example :
=> Bob is affected to project A from 2016-03-01 to 2016-03-31 (this period includes 23 work days).
=> On project A Bob is assigne 15 days on task A1 : no issue
=> On project A Bob is also assigned 10 days on task A2 : you will get the message, because Bob will leave the project (affectation end date) before being able to finish the tasks : the message will say that 2 days cannot be planned on task A2 for Bob.

Hope this is clear ;)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
02 Mar 2016 16:02 #3 by louisc
Hello,

Thank you for the reactivity. I just tried to solve the first problem by playing with affectation dates. I'm pretty sure the dates I entered where correct, but just in case...

Looking at task "Etablissement BOM", it is assigned to Jean-Yves for 0.5 day of workload. In the project, Jean-Yves was affected from the 3rd of March to the 4th of March, at 50% rate.
I changed Jean-Yves's affectation from the 2nd of March to the 7th of March, still with 50% rate (to keep global affectation <= 100%).
In the task, I have 0.5d of work assigned to Jean-Yves, with planning constraint "as late as possible" and end date to the 4th of March. When I try to recalculate planning, I still have the same error, and activity is planned on 1 day on the 8th of March (i.e. finally the open day after the validated end of the task).

Is there any other idea to look at to be able to solve this problem ?

Thanks !

More
02 Mar 2016 16:10 #4 by babynus
In your use case, what is doing Jean Yves except "Etablissement BOM" ?
Maybe your issue is a misundestanding of affectation rate. Read user manuel on the subject ;)

Babynus

More
02 Mar 2016 16:52 #5 by louisc
Well I reread the manual before answering. I didn't saw anything bad in my affectation (but I must be wrong obviously!).

So here are some screen captures to show you the affectation and try to find where I'm wrong. I'm still concentrated on Jean-Yves's case on Etablissement BOM task.

Jean-Yves's affectation summary (still not all projects/tasks entered in projeqtor) :

Jean-Yves's resource planning for the period :

Jean-Yves's resource affectation to the task Etablissement BOM :

For this one, I tried both 50% rate and 100% rate in assignment, but the result is still the same.

Are these screenshots sufficient for you to find where I'm wrong ?

Thank you again for you help !
Attachments:

More
02 Mar 2016 17:03 #6 by babynus
Can you show reports "Availability of resources" and "Monthly planning Resource/project/activity" for march showing all lines for Jean Louis.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.