View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - How to run scheduling calculation ? - Page 3 - ProjeQtOr

How to run scheduling calculation ?

More
25 Aug 2017 11:30 - 25 Aug 2017 16:02 #13 by projeqtor80
Hello,

Maxime has been assigned on 1.5,1.6,1.7 tasks.
Scheduling calculation didn't take into the fact of Maxime is days off and come back to 29 August.

The difference between (1.5,1.6 tasks) and (1.1 task) for example :
- 1.1 -> only resource assigned
- 1.5,1.6 -> 2 developers resources assigned (1.5 : 3days for this task | 2 days for Maxime, 1 day for Guillaume)

CHANGE : delete Guillaume's assignment of 1.5,1.6 tasks | add 1 day of Guillaume to Maxime

The difference between (1.7 task) and (1.1 task) for example :
- 1.1 -> only resource assigned
- 1.7 -> 2 resources assigned (1.6 : 3days for this task | it's twice the same resource : Maxime (manager) : 0 day, Maxime (developer) : 3 days)

REMARKS : strange, Maxime (manager) with 0 days shouldn't be a problem, so what.
CHANGE : delete Maxime (manager)'s assignment of 1.7 tasks

i run scheduling calculation (even if it run automatically after assignments changes).
Now, planning seems to be correct, and Maxime begin to work 29 August, and not any task overlaps with other task.

i try to understand
- i must skip to assign many resources on a same task ?
- if yes, i wouln't assign a developer, and a manager on an same task then.

Thanks a lot.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Aug 2017 16:02 by projeqtor80. Reason: in orange, fix errors due to a bad copy/paste
The following user(s) said Thank You: dany_313

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2017 11:42 #14 by babynus

i must skip to assign many resources on a same task ?

You can assign several resources to same task, but be aware that with default planning mode (asap) resource may work on different days on the task. To force to have them work on same days, you must use planning mode "work together".

i wouln't assign a developer, and a manager on an same task then.

The function of resource on the assignment has no effect on planning, it only defined cost for the resource.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
25 Aug 2017 16:33 #15 by projeqtor80
Thanks ! I'm in progress due to your help !

Well graded for the function of resource on the assignment.

I edited my previous post, because i have done a bad copy/paste.

if i understand, many possibilities concerning assigment of a/many resource(s) on a task :
- 1) only one resource assigned
- 2) 2 resources with mode planning "as soon as possible" : in this case, it's possible that 2 resources are planned to work in the same time on this task
- 3) 2 resources with mode planning "work together" : in this case, scheduling calculation planned days work whose 2 resources have availability days.

Q it's ok for you ?

i think that for 1.5,1.6,1.7 tasks, we were in the second case. However Maxime planned to work 23,24,25 august while he was in days off.
And i don't know why. that's why i try to test again with 2 resources on a task.

Following some modifications, i modified again the 1.5 task like that :
- guillaume (developer) : assigned with 1 day
- maxime (developer) : assigned with 2 day

Now, planning seems to be ok.

Q Do you know the reason ?

Thanks a lot.
Attachments:

More
27 Aug 2017 20:41 #16 by babynus

- 2) 2 resources with mode planning "as soon as possible" : in this case, it's possible that 2 resources are planned to work in the same time on this task
- 3) 2 resourc

it is possible, but possibly they will not work the same days (this is the "work together" feature)

Q it's ok for you ?

Yes

Q Do you know the reason ?

Difficult to analyse without steps by steps use case and all conditions identified.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
27 Aug 2017 20:51 #17 by projeqtor80
Thanks for all @babynus.

Sure,and i wouldn't know to remember each step that i have made at the beginning, to get problems observed.

Thanks again, your help has been very important.

In consequence, i'm going to continue to use projeqtor.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.