View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - How to run scheduling calculation ? - Page 2 - ProjeQtOr

How to run scheduling calculation ?

More
24 Aug 2017 15:47 - 24 Aug 2017 16:01 #7 by projeqtor80
Hello,

yes but i launch each time, the scheduling calculation.

2.1 task
i didn't fill the field "rate (%)" for the resource "Guillaume".
I set an value.
Now, this task integrate the planning.

Q : right click on each bar permits to validate than the scheduling calculation ran correctly, isn't it ?

*** differences between "planning" and "planning per resource" ***

Below, the planning and the planning with a right click on 1.5 task.
The planning planned for Maxime, to work on 1.5 task the 23,24,25 August, while he is on days off .
Planning resource takes on board days off of Maxime.
I wonder if the click of the "validate planning" button explains that. If this the problem, i don't know if i can init again.

Planning :

Planning and right click on 1.5 task :

planning per resource :

project "rtt&congés" :

*** 2 resources on the same time of an task ***
1) constraint to skip than 2 resources on the same time work on an task ?

2) Can i set empty to "assigned" for 1.6 task, for Maxime and Guillaume ? I wonder if i can assign 2 resources on a task, and according to availability of resources, scheduling calculation assign number of days to each resource.
For example, task "C042", 3 days defined to terminate this task, scheduling calculation according to availability of resources, assign 2.5 days for Maxime and 0.5 day for Guillaume.

It is possible ? Assign task at a team (composed by Guillaume and Maxime) ?

Below, A05 task, 19 september, Maxime and Guillaume planned to work.

Thanks a lot, good afternoon.
Last edit: 24 Aug 2017 16:01 by projeqtor80.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2017 18:47 #8 by babynus

Rate = 0% means resource cannot work (or at least won't be planned) on the task.

right click on each bar permits to validate than the scheduling calculation ran correctly, isn't it ?

Right click on bar show, day by day, the exact planing for resources. It helps understand what was calculated.

The planning planned for Maxime, to work on 1.5 task the 23,24,25 August, while he is on days off .

How did you enter "off days" for him in projeqtor ?

I wonder if the click of the "validate planning" button explains that

Of course not. Validation of planning is juist copy of planned dates to validated dates (some kind of initial baseline)

Not possible.

I wonder if i can assign 2 resources on a task, and according to availability of resources, scheduling c

No, ProjeQtOr won't decide it for you. It's your Project Leader job to decide how will work.
Remember that even if softwares like ProjeQtOr are call Project Management Tools, they are only project organisation tool. The project management is your job, ot's not done by the tool.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
24 Aug 2017 21:29 #9 by projeqtor80

babynus wrote:

Rate = 0% means resource cannot work (or at least won't be planned) on the task.

ok. i didn't set 0 for the field "rate" but i understand here, that it means "empty" value = 0

right click on each bar permits to validate than the scheduling calculation ran correctly, isn't it ?

Right click on bar show, day by day, the exact planing for resources. It helps understand what was calculated.

ok. it's very interesting to see that (good idea ! :) )

How did you enter "off days" for him in projeqtor ?

i input in the menu "Follow-up > Real work allocation" (shown below)

I wonder if the click of the "validate planning" button explains that

Of course not. Validation of planning is juist copy of planned dates to validated dates (some kind of initial baseline)

Well-graded

Not possible.

ok. Then, the solution is going to assign only one resource.

I wonder if i can assign 2 resources on a task, and according to availability of resources, scheduling c

No, ProjeQtOr won't decide it for you. It's your Project Leader job to decide how will work.
Remember that even if softwares like ProjeQtOr are call Project Management Tools, they are only project organisation tool. The project management is your job, ot's not done by the tool.

Well-graded.
The manager can change in real time, assignation, the most important is to move forward the project.
I would assign tasks for Maxime, according to vagary, i would change the assignation, to affect the task for Guillaume.
It's the good method ?

Thanks a lot for the spend time to respond.
Attachments:

More
24 Aug 2017 23:24 #10 by babynus

It's the good method ?

Yes

Babynus

More
25 Aug 2017 00:13 - 25 Aug 2017 00:14 #11 by projeqtor80
perfect.

Do you know the reason whose explains that the scheduling calculation planned for Maxime the 23,24,25 August ?
Last edit: 25 Aug 2017 00:14 by projeqtor80.

More
25 Aug 2017 08:44 #12 by babynus

projeqtor80 wrote: perfect.

Do you know the reason whose explains that the scheduling calculation planned for Maxime the 23,24,25 August ?

As you entered some real work for him for his whole capacity on these days, the only possibility is that planning calculation was not executed for the project.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.