View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Logon hangs after installation - Page 2 - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Logon hangs after installation

More
21 Mar 2018 09:11 #7 by technoraman
I installed on a hosted system, and I don't know how many virtual machines would be run on the same physical machine, so no real way to know how busy the system is. However I'm perfectly happy to clear down and try another install.... and I can leave the widget spinning overnight. :-)

I did wonder whether the PHP version makes any difference. I know I can change the PHP version, but that appears to be global and might affect other products on the platform. It would be bad juju to break our core applications while testing a potential solution. That's why &deity made VMs. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 09:16 #8 by babynus
Hi,

Shared hosting platforms often offfer poor performance.
So for single user, it may be enought, but if you plan to use ProjeQtOr as a collaborative platform, dedicated hosting (or cortrectgly sized one) would offer better user experiment.

PHP version may be important.
PHP 7.0 brought much better performance thant PHP 5.6 and previous versions.
Pay attention that PHP 7.1 brough regressions to many applications (including famous framework SYMPHONY).
So all had to migrate to support PHP 7.1 (ProjeQtOr did and is compatible since V6.5)
Also PHP 7.2 brought regressions, but less important (ProjeQtOr is compatible since V7.0)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
21 Mar 2018 10:50 #9 by technoraman
I deleted the previous instance of ProjeQtor, and reinstalled effectively from clean. The logon screen came up when I went to the projeqtor/view/main.php page, and I entered user and password. Over an hour later, the widget is still spinning.

The hosting does have a resource measurement tool, which only shows that there's no significant consumption right now and hasn't been for the last 90 minutes. The server isn't reporting anything strange, and nothing that would be a blip even from the installation (which was very quick). The last bump on the resource graphs was four hours ago, and I wasn't doing anything with this app at that time.

Meanwhile other apps running on our instance are very fast, so I think we're not resource constrained.

Babynus, I agree with you that dedicated hosting would offer better performance, but I don't believe we've got to performance yet. My conclusion is that installation of ProjeQtor is waiting on an event that might never happen. I just don't know what that is.

More
21 Mar 2018 10:59 #10 by babynus
Possibly there was an issue.

1) Check log file, as defined during installation (default location is projeqtor/files/logs)

2) Possibly issue is inccorrect access rights to log file (cannot write in folder), so you should find an error loggued in Apache log file

3) Check browser console for errors.

Babynus

More
21 Mar 2018 15:05 #11 by technoraman
Hi, and thanks for the suggestions.

babynus wrote: Possibly there was an issue.
Yes, I have to agree with you there. :)

1) Check log file, as defined during installation (default location is projeqtor/files/logs)
Empty, apart from index.php

2) Possibly issue is inccorrect access rights to log file (cannot write in folder), so you should find an error loggued in Apache log file
The folder permissions are set to 777, which should allow anything to happen in the folder

3) Check browser console for errors
Which would be the 403 errors that you've seen. Again, all the folders are either 0755 or 0777 and the code is universally 0644.

More
21 Mar 2018 23:52 #12 by babynus

The folder permissions are set to 777, which should allow anything to happen in the folder

I think some errors are logged on Apache Error log file.
Please report these errors.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.