Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Planning calculation - ProjeQtOr

Planning calculation

More
26 Oct 2018 12:27 #1 by apad
Planning calculation was created by apad
Hi

I use version 7.0.9 and I have a problem with planning calculation.
Some task are not "correctly" planned.
Not sure that it's an issue, maybe I have not understood how it works.
Here is a project example :

Attachment not found

Something bad happens to the first task "Analyse du besoin" as you can see in the next capture :

After I click on "calculation", planned date (start/ end) and real date (start / end) are wrong.
Real work started the 7 of august but It continues after this date, nevertheless real end date is null. Why ?
One day is planned (07/08/2018) although left work is 5 days. Why ?

Regards
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2018 15:34 - 26 Oct 2018 15:41 #2 by alainforma
Replied by alainforma on topic Planning calculation
HI,
Tasks are always well calculated depending on constraints, availability of resources, and left work, so you can not "draw" a planning as well as expected. The result is always true, even if, sometimes, far from what was hoped.
It seems that you did not enter correctly real and left work on this activity compare to the initial duration of the planification, may be you should recalculate the planning. Anyway, I do not understand what you have done, sorry. About the meaning of various dates, I invite you to read the user manual going to "common section" and then to "gantt chart"on the user manual pressing F1.

Best regards
Last edit: 26 Oct 2018 15:41 by alainforma.

More
26 Oct 2018 19:14 #3 by apad
Replied by apad on topic Planning calculation
OK
I read and read again common section without finding an answer.
I tried to calculate again the planning but I got the same result.
Whatever I can enter for left work (except 0 which means that task is done) I got the same result.
I can't enter value for real work because it is calculated.
Is there à way to clear calculation result ? It's look like calculation ignore what I can enter.
Note that resource is affected with a rate of 17% until 31/10/2018 then affected with a rate of 5% until 31/12/2021. I realized that when à ressource is affected with different rate, projeqtor seems to have a strange behaviour...
Regards

More
26 Oct 2018 19:46 #4 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Planning calculation

Whatever I can enter for left work (except 0 which means that task is done) I got the same result.

Possibly it is because you try to calculate a planning "in the past".
Try and change planning calculation start date in the pop-up that triggers planning calculation.

I can't enter value for real work because it is calculated.

Real work is not "calculated". It is entered by resources on Timesheet screen.

Is there à way to clear calculation result ? It's look like calculation ignore what I can enter.

Calculation takes into account "contraints" (assigned work, availability of resources, planning mode, dependencies). It does not take into account "validated dates".these are just for control of expected planning (baseline)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
30 Oct 2018 13:55 - 30 Oct 2018 14:20 #5 by apad
Replied by apad on topic Planning calculation
Hi

Try and change planning calculation start date in the pop-up that triggers planning calculation.

Tried but nothing changed

Real work is not "calculated". It is entered by resources on Timesheet screen.

OK real work is entered on Timesheet screen but agregated (calculated) in activity screen.

Calculation takes into account "contraints" (assigned work, availability of resources, planning mode, dependencies).

In my example, task "Analyse du besoin" is "planned" between 01/08/2018 and 15/11/2018.
Mathieu started the 07/08/2018 and continued until 26/10/18. 3,81 days is done until now but he has to work 5 days more (left work) to finish the task.
Mathieu is available 20% for the project (1 day by week) and 100% by day for this task.
If I launch calculation since 01/11/2018, I imagined that projeqtor divide 5 days left in 5 weeks, so I expected a end of task planned at 29/11/2018.

As you can see on picture, planned end is equal with planned start (07/08/2018) : Why ?.

I tried to reproduce this issue on your demo database :
I created a project name "Projet TARZAN", I affected Analyst A, available 20% on the project.
I created a task "Analyse". I assigned Analyst A available 100%
On TimeSheet screen, Analyst A work 6, 7 and 8 august and then the 15 october.
5 days left work then I lauch calculation :

As you can see, end planned date is correct and Analyst A is planned 1 day by week as I expected

Regards
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Oct 2018 14:20 by apad. Reason: Add complements

More
31 Oct 2018 09:59 #6 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Planning calculation
So possibly the solution to your issue is to migrate to V7.2.6

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.