View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Resource affectation - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Resource affectation

More
13 Nov 2018 16:43 #1 by apad
Resource affectation was created by apad
Hi

While trying to find a solution to my topic "9528-planning-calculation", I realize that I got a problem with resource affectation.
Have a look to affectation :

As you can see, there is a "hole" on the bottom of screenshot (between 01/08/2018 and 30/04/2019)
Almost all projects are cut in 2 parts (before 01/08/2018 and after 30/04/2019) except "P052_L001 - 1 - Lot unique" and "P047 - Bilans Normalisés - LOT 3 - Univers & Rapports BO"
I checked all start date and end date in each affectation, I see nothing wrong.
Can you explain me why I got this behaviour ?

Regards
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2018 09:53 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Resource affectation
Hi,
Yes, the "hole" is stange.
Ticket #3664 recorded for analysis.

First remarks :
- these allocations are very complex, are they really needed to be so complex (several allocations to project...)
- you don't need to allocate resource to "Absence" if it is an "administrative" project

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
14 Nov 2018 21:41 #3 by apad
Replied by apad on topic Resource affectation
Hi

Happy to see that you consider the "hole" as strange behaviour.
Some answers to your question :

these allocations are very complex, are they really needed to be so complex (several allocations to project...)

As you know, there are many steps during software lifecycle. For example, a project manager will work more during build steps and less during run step. In fact, if I could (If I had enough time to do it), allocations would be more complex because during build step a project manager will work more during specification and test steps and less during development step. That's why you can see several allocations to project. It's the way I found to be near reality.

you don't need to allocate resource to "Absence" if it is an "administrative" project

If I don't allocate resource to "Absence", I won't be able to plan holidays (In France, you have to take rest to respect the law :cheer:). In a year, there are 365 days minus 104 days for week end minus 7 days for public holidays. It lets 254 days for working days. In my company, a resource can take until 42 days for vacation by year (25 days for holidays and 17 days for RTT). 42 days divided by 254 days is near 16% of working days ... If I don't "lock" this vacation time with allocation to "administrative project", I could believe that a resource is available more than 100% by year. Later, I will divide year with 2 periods : June to October (In France, Act imposes that a resource takes 20 days for holidays during this period else you have to give until 2 days more for the fractionning of vacation ... Dura Lex Sed Lex) and November to May for the remaining part. But I will wait that you solve my "hole" problem ;)

Regards

More
15 Nov 2018 23:51 #4 by babynus

As you know, there are many steps during software lifecycle. For example, a project manager will work more during build steps and less during run step. In fact, if I could (If I had enough time to do it), allocations would be more complex because during build step a project manager will work more during specification and test steps and less during development step. That's why you can see several allocations to project. It's the way I found to be near reality.

I would be interested in seeing your planning.
You should not need to define effort of resource for each period.
It is very hard to change when projets "slides" to later dates.
When planning is correctly defined with tasks for each period, and correct planning mode, repartition of work will be automatic.

Babynus

More
16 Nov 2018 18:31 #5 by apad
Replied by apad on topic Resource affectation
Hi

Here is a sample :

As you can see there are many steps.
  • Between August 2018 and April 2019, the project manager should work around 40% of his time on this project
  • Between May 2019 and August 2019, the project manager should work around 25% of his time
  • Between September 2019 and December 2019, the project manager should work around 35% of his time
  • Between January 2020 and December 2020, the project manager should work around 5% of his time
I don't know how projeqtor could calculate a correct repartition of work if I don't set affectation with availability.
Setting availability help me to see if a resource is affected more than 100% of his time (which means that I had to work to find another resource to do the job ...)

Regards
Attachments:

More
16 Nov 2018 20:11 #6 by babynus
Yes.
But I thing you missunderstand how to plan a projets.
No tool will required to define allocation rate per periods.
You just have to change "assignment rate", on each activity.
So Allocation to project can be 100%, and you play only on allocation rate for each activity.
This will be much more fluent : allocation period will auto extend if activity is extended.

And last (but not least), as you did, your allocation rates will have absolutely no effect as you did not define assigned work on activities...
Please read user manual about planning rules ;)

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.