View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - How to get the planned dates that make sense on replan with timesheet entry - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

How to get the planned dates that make sense on replan with timesheet entry

More
23 Aoû 2019 13:04 #1 by beverley
How to get the planned end date not to change with time sheet entries, when activity is not a status done. Or actual time entered is less than assigned.

We are having a problem with planning changing when we do not wish them too. We need are trying to implement the use of time sheets. However there are times when an activity will take several weeks. Currently when the user entered some time, it changed the planned start and end date, based on the time entered.

In this case it was planned to start on the 3rd June and first actual time recorded was 19th August and planned and real start time updated to 19th August. Which is fine. However the last recorded time was 22nd August and there is still work to be done on the activity. The user did not change the status of activity to done or closed. However the planned end date has been change from 30th August to 22nd August?

Please see attached document for information.

Thanks

Bev
Attachments:

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aoû 2019 14:42 #2 by babynus

How to get the planned end date not to change with time sheet entries, when activity is not a status done. Or actual time entered is less than assigned.

Just avoid replaning (do not execute planning calculation).

We are having a problem with planning changing when we do not wish them too.

We NEVER wish to.
But if you recalculate, ProjeQtOr will show you the reallity, not what you wish.

In this case it was planned to start on the 3rd June and first actual time recorded was 19th August and planned and real start time updated to 19th August. Which is fine. However the last recorded time was 22nd August and there is still work to be done on the activity. The user did not change the status of activity to done or closed. However the planned end date has been change from 30th August to 22nd August?

There is no left work, the real end date is set to last input date.
If task is not finished, user should add some left work.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
29 Aoû 2019 13:23 - 29 Aoû 2019 13:24 #3 by beverley
Thanks for your response. However I am now trying to monitor this, as we are having difficulties with time sheets.

In the example I understood re-planning had not been run. However I have tested again as there are times when we do have to run re-planning as new activites are added to the plan during projects and we do not want planned dates for other activities to change in appropriate ways.

I have added a document with screen shots of the issue I just had.

The activity had a planned start of 19th Aug and end 23rd Aug. We recorded some time not all the time required for activity on 20th Aug. It updated the planned dates to 20th Aug start and 23rd Aug end. Which is ok. This activity has no dependencies.

I then added a new activity. Then re-ran planning with start date 9th January 2019 of the project as I did not want to change the planned dates for other activities, just create some for new activity. However the first activity changed and the from a planned start date 20th aug (when first timesheet record was) to 31st January 2019!!? No idea where this date comes from. Plus a planned end date of 26th August., which might come from 5 day duration from 20th August?

The auto planning flag is not set for this project and was not set through out all this testing.

How is this supposed to work. Users are getting a bit frustrated with trying to get accurate planned dates.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Aoû 2019 13:24 by beverley.

More
04 Sep 2019 14:32 - 04 Sep 2019 14:33 #4 by beverley
I have retested after fix was applied and still getting random dates created with replanning for the start dates and therefore end planned dates.

Please see attached document with screen shots of the issue.

Re-ran plan after time sheet entry, still remaining assigned time for activity. Replan, gave start date in January. Not the start date of project when re-plan was set for?
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Sep 2019 14:33 by beverley.

More
04 Sep 2019 23:51 #5 by babynus
It is normal, if you replan the project from far in the past (1/1/19) . If the assigned resource has a small availability (even 0,1 is enough) then the task is planned from the date of this availability.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
05 Sep 2019 10:10 #6 by beverley
Hi Babynus, That does not work for us. If we have a validated start date and duration, when you first create the activity with auto planning ticketed. It takes the start date as the planned date (ie. validated start and planned start are the same and then calculates based on duration and availability the end date for the activity, plus availabity of assigned resource from the validated start date. There will always be activities which we wish to plan in with out a dependence and not start at the very beginning of a project which could be months before, todays date. If the person has not recorded time on timesheet then the planned start and end dates must not change with a re-planning of project.

We found before the upgrade that if when re-planning we used the project start date which could be in the past it would leave the independent activities where nothing has been recorded as actuals with no changes to planned start and end dates. Which is what we need so users can see when an activity was required. (and prioritize their work).

If some time has been recorded but not all time assigned in a timesheet then I would expect the planned start date to reflect either the original planned date or the real start date. The re-planned end date could then be based on the duration of the activity and availability of resources from the start date.

Do I need to raise this a bug? Enhancement, I really do not have to make a decision that projeQtOr is not workable with time sheets it would loose a lot of the benefits of using it.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.