ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Bugs in 4.1.0 - ProjeQtOr

Bugs in 4.1.0

More
07 Jan 2014 22:26 #1 by gloworm
Bugs in 4.1.0 was created by gloworm
I note that a corrective version (4.1.1) of the software has been released. As this quickly follows of from the initial 4.1 release 2 days ago then I note that 4 tickets (Track database, 1259-62) have been treated for the 4.1.1 release. The following also need addressing:
- confusion of user and username columns resulting in
  1. failure of the Import feature of Resources
  2. search and lookup in a number of drop-down lists display the login name rather than the more meaningful 'full' name
- Activities Prices seem to be diconnected

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2014 11:06 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Bugs in 4.1.0

failure of the Import feature of Resources

Could you describe more explicitely this issue ?

search and lookup in a number of drop-down lists display the login name rather than the more meaningful 'full' name

It is designed this way.
Some fields list users (creator), some list contacts (requestor), some list resources (responsible).
Users list displays the login name.

Activities Prices seem to be diconnected

Could you describe more explicitely this issue ?

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
01 Feb 2014 11:50 #3 by gloworm
Replied by gloworm on topic Bugs in 4.1.0
You may think that the use of 'username' is a design feature but such is inconsistently used. Consider the Activity form - issuer uses the 'username' and immediately under this field, the requestor uses the 'fullname' and yet both represent the same namespace.

Given that large organisations (mine is 14,000+) tie their Active Directory to their payroll system then the unique identifier throughout AD is the employee number. The employee number would be the link through LDAP not some arbitrarily assigned sequence of characters dreamt up by the Project team.

Furthermore, The following ticket, stated verbatim, raised in a real world Public Safety institution against a globally recognised software company highlights the 'pain' it causes to the business when using 'usernames'
==Business Justification==
Currently users are spending excessive time to work out who has created, taken action and entered comments into cases. This is due to the User ID field only displaying the payroll only, thus the user must look up each payroll every time they wish to ascertain who entered the case comment.

Please reconsider your "design"

More
01 Feb 2014 17:56 #4 by babynus
I still concider it is a design feature : users don't mandatory have full name. They must have one only if they also are Resource or Contact.

But I agree it could ease readability to retrieve the full name of user when it exists.
But then, for users without a full name, user name must still be displayed, and there should be some difference between "user name" and "fullname" display.
I'll think about it.
Ticket #1288 recorded.

Babynus

More
03 Feb 2014 16:00 #5 by gengen
Replied by gengen on topic Bugs in 4.1.0
Instead of "full name", this field could be named "display name" and be filled in with the user name by default...

More
03 Feb 2014 17:17 #6 by babynus
Ticket #1288 has been treated.

User fullName, corresponding to Resource name is displayed by default.
If not set, then user name is displayed, followed by #.

I'll have a look at your (good !) proposition in renaming fields...

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.